Author Topic: Autumn raspberries  (Read 2180 times)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
Autumn raspberries
« on: October 20, 2005, 19:43:01 »
I have planned to dig out and discard about 30 feet of raspberry bed this Autumn (if it ever stops raining!!) because I have way to many now I have the second plot.

I have no idea what variety as I inherited them but they are great croppers starting around June and still fruiting now.  ot massive fruits but great tasting.

If anyone is interested in having some let me know and I will do my best to separate out the best and post them on.

Iain
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Autumn raspberries
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 20:50:39 »
Oh Iain, that's a very tempting offer, I love raspberries.   :)  Can I ask a very basic couple of questions?  How much room does one raspberry cane take up?  How many canes would I need to make it worth while growing them?  And do you think they'd be okay in pots?  If the answer to the latter is yes then I can just about make room for three 18" pots in my 'veg plot' and I'd love some please.  Can offer a variety of seeds in return. 

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

hawhaw

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 09:12:44 »
Could this newbie have some too please. I'll pay P&P  :P

bananagirl

• Half Acre
    • Bananagirl's Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 09:57:39 »
OOOOOOO I'd love some. Will pay postage, or swap some chilli seeds or something...PM me. Hopefully I'll be able to put them on my lottie when I get it. If not, garden!
Nothing rhymes with orange...
http://downamongtheflowers.blogspot.com/

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 10:56:37 »
Iain - if there are any left, I'd love a couple to fill the gaps where two of mine died. If that's ok, please PM me for details and to let me know p&p.  Many thanks  :)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 13:08:29 »
Please note all raspberries are now claimed so sorry if you got in late.  For everyone who has requested them please note that they are still fruiting so it might be a few weeks.  I will post them as soon as they are out and will drop you a PM when they are ebing sent.

Thanks for giving my children good homes!

Iain
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 18:03:44 »
Many thanks Iain.  Have pm'd you (not as painful as it sounds  :))

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 20:18:09 »
d**n - serves me right for neglecting the swop shop recently! If there is any chance of any of these then please let me know. Have got lots of seeds to swop.

PM me  :)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 18:35:18 »
For all them wot 'as asked for raspberries the forecast is mostly dry here this weekend so given that's true and the plot is not now a paddy field I should be posting some canes.    I will let you know individually as when this happens.

Thanks for being so very patient I am trying my bestest,  honest!

Iain

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 19:54:51 »
Iain - arrived today, in very generous quantities :)  and looking very healthy.   So that's my lottie job sorted for the weekend! £2.15 p&p so let me know if you'd like a cheque or stamps to that value.

Many thank you s - and will think of you fondly next autumn when they're fruiting  ;D

sid

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 19:24:52 »
am i to late for any raspberries if not i would like sum i will pay post thankyou

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal