Author Topic: Good evening all  (Read 1706 times)

Donna

• Not So New ...
Good evening all
« on: November 17, 2005, 20:56:05 »
Hello to all of you.  ;D
I have been nipping in and watching you all from afar.
You all seem like a friendly bunch.
So I thought I would tell you my story, lol.
I have applied for an allotment, only to be told there's 15 names before mine. I have a feeling I have a long wait.
But I am lucky as we moved house last year and we now have a lovely large garden that still needs a lot of work.(both house and garden needs lots of work, house is my hubby's baby and the garden is mine)
I set aside a patch for grow vegetables next year (at my children request). We have already planted 3 apple trees. I will post pic's tomorrow, well if you don't mind.
We have a large sycamore, so far 10 bin bag full of leaves and still more to bag up. I have also filled up our compost bin.
I hope I on the right track. And hope you all can gave me some pointers. As I am a complete novice.
Thank you all in advance.

Donna :D

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
Re: Good evening all
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 06:57:28 »
Hello Donna

I'm still waiting for Lottie too - the most frustrating part is that on all lottie sites in my area there is a notice on the gates saying Plots Available - but I won't winge on too much.

We have a veg patch at home and I enjoy that very much but am longing for the escape of an alotment.

Am dead jealous about the leaves, although we have trees in garden some are evergreen and the others (I don't know what they are) have only very small leaves - I keep checking out all the leaves in the nearby park and desperately want to collect some but I'm sure OH will think I've gone completely mad if I suggest a leaf collecting mission!!

Looking forward to apple tree piccys :D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 16:41:46 »
Hi Donna :D

Warm Welcome...You'll soon have your Lottie.

Here your amongst Friends Enjoy it 8)

Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 17:25:36 »
Wecome to A4A good luck in your new garden. You'll be an expert when you do get your plot. I just enjoy mine, anything it produces thats edible is a bonus??
Regards
Chris

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 19:34:57 »
Welcome Donna - hope the wait isn't too longĀ  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal