Author Topic: It's not as bad as you might think!!  (Read 3489 times)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
Re: It's not as bad as you might think!!
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 19:20:19 »
Point taken   Moonbells, sorry
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 08:54:30 »
Point taken Moonbells, sorry

Hey you don't need to apologise to me - sorry back at you! I just hate the thought of people killing themselves. I am glad you gave up!  And as a clinical (ie people-only) cancer researcher I feel I ought to at least try to dissuade as many people as possible so they don't end up in one of the clinical trials* I work with! Sorry, I'll shut up now and go hide in my shed.

moonbells

*this does mean I get to see end-stage cancer way too often  :'(  as well as astounding feats of bravery as people fight it...
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 09:19:52 »
I have watched 2 close family members die from smoking related cancers - and both and both regretted having ever taken up the dreaded weed.  I know a smoker would say you can just as easily be knocked down crossing the road but what I would hate is to be laid in hospital, dying, knowing that I was responsible for my demise.

We all have to die there is northing so sure but I need to know that I have lead my life in such a way that I did everything I could do to make it as long and healthy as possible not just for me but for the sprogs and the rest of my family.

Thats why I gave up smoking, jacked in the stressful job, eat well and drink in moderation.

Chap came to tune the piano yesterday - he is 93yrs and said his secret was not to deny yourself anything just do everything in moderation!!

Sorry if I've gone of the plot slightly and I am NOT preaching just adding my views on this subject
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 09:31:46 »
And very valuable and relevant views they are too ...

Derekthefox :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal