Author Topic: Electric lighting in shed  (Read 7920 times)

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
Re: Electric lighting in shed
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 16:23:49 »
Hi  Wardy, I used 12 volt lighting off a battery when I was living in my caravan, it was worth getting a proper caravan battery as they don't mind being run down all the time (unlike a car battery). I also used solar panels to charge it in the summer.  :)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 16:55:24 »
Then you need to be persuasive Wardy ! !!

Derekthefox :D

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 17:06:38 »
Dear Wardy,

The solar panel I have is one to recharge a car battery through the cig' lighter socket, you plug it in and sit it on the dash where the sun will shine on it, and it tops up your battery if you are leaving the car for a while, I think it was about £20. The one you have found should work fine, but may be more money as it recharges so many sorts of battery.

Brian

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 17:17:57 »
my uncle is a spark and my allotment is at the end of his garden., so we spilt ecerything really, so when we first started we made sure we have lights, power to the shed, and an alarm, not much more we need now, suppose a plumber would be nice....l

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 18:47:35 »
Just a thought but, going back to my sailing days, had a wind generator on my boat.  Produced enough electricity to run a television directly.  However, when connected to a battery, produced 3amps per hour to feed it.  Any chance of a nice, high, well stayed pole with wind jenny on top?

:D
Muddy Boots

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal