Author Topic: working in other people's gardens???  (Read 4827 times)

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
Re: working in other people's gardens???
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 12:51:19 »
Glad you are back Aqui. ;D

Hope it all works out whatever you decide. I would love to do a bit of gardening for a living, but I don't think I could cope with the uncertainty of it all - but then that is just me.
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 12:54:23 »
4 years ago, I became ill with stress.  Off work for seven weeks, father died and all that.  I decided that money and stress wasn't for me.  So decided to reduce my hours, and reduce pay.  Place I work for were very good, I had been there for many years.  I now work 24 hours over 3 days.  Money isn't everything, I know it helps.  But, we are on this earth only once, so lets enjoy it.

I know I am very lucky, and count my blessings every day, OH works full time and tends to go along with what ever I want to do. I do pay my way though. I see everyone else at work, getting stressed out, but me I just smile knowing that I made the right decision.  
I'm sure its possible to be self sufficient in terms of veggies and fruit.  Now that we are on our new larger plot I'm going to have a stab at it.

Go for it Aquilegia and good luck.

Lily
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 13:31:57 »
Aqui - In last last posting you sound a little down, I know its easier said than done but don't let it grind you down, keep your ears to the ground and keep hoping and maybe a opportunity may arise for you.  Its hard aint it when the bills keep coming and your not satisfied with your work but nothing is forever and just maybe you will find a way to do what makes you tick!!

Chin Up  :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 15:11:03 »
Could a pre-agreed aggrement be worked out. Like, 'I'll do your garden but on condition the work is covered by the home insurance?' Nah! Can't be that simple in todays age, can it?

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 15:27:10 »
Sorry all for wasting your time on this one and for my sudden turnaround. It's just that time of the year. I think really I wanted a project to work on over the winter to start next year. Now with my plan to do the ornamental veg garden I have one.

I'm like an emotional yo-yo without the summer sunshine! Hence the recent disappearance. (I've gone into hybernation.)

I'm feel better now that I'm dreaming about making my garden as edible and pretty as possible. My plan for neighbourhood domination has been reduced to just my garden!

And my job's not really that bad. The people are great, the hours are fine (four days a week), the pay's pretty good really considering how easy the work is (it's pretty much the same pro rata as my stressful career job before)... It's definitely not the rat race (not private sector).

And as Moggle put it - I couldn't cope with the uncertainty. I need to know where my next pay cheque is coming from!

You see now why I vanished - I'm all in a muddle right now!
gone to pot :D

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 06:13:09 »
There are pro's and con 's to both regular employment and self-employment as with most things in life and I have to admit to missing the security and  stability of a regularly wage  :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2005, 10:58:02 »
Aqui, there is nothing wrong with pondering, musing or whatever, we all do it!! From my point of view, I'd never be able to do this job if OH wasn't working and getting decent wage. As it is we don't have hols or go out much at all!!! So ponder away! It's never a waste of time..
Lottie  ;D

Lily

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 13:21:24 »
If we didn't have dreams and ponderings, life would be very dull. I shall be pondering all winter, but only when the sun doesn't shine - until the S.A.D.  :( syndrome goes away.  Today is a good day, the sun is shining. :)  :)  :)

Lily

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 13:42:25 »
Lily - it is indeed a beautiful day. I don't mind even being stuck in the office with the sun shining today as it's forecast to keep shining all weekend. That makes me happy! Oh and bananas are great against SAD - I keep having one with breakfast - great boost in the morning!

Lily

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 13:48:09 »
Aqua  I've just had a banana so I'm in for an even better day then.  Day off today, the office I work in (large call centre) the windows are, what seem like a million miles away, and get the blinds shut by those that work near them because they reflect on their screens. !!!  So in Winter I often never see the sun, whilst I am working.  :o , I only work 3 days so may not be all that bad.

From Sunny Yorkshire,  :D  :D

Lily

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2005, 14:08:50 »
Its beautiful and sunny here too and very chilly - I'm not so unfortunate to suffer with S.A.D. but do fully appreciate such a beautiful day as today :)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2005, 16:34:59 »
New lottie clothes? Surely they should be cast-offs?

I need to get another pair of gardening jeans (I washed mine last week, finally - they were so muddy they had the machine all to themselves!) but I reckon they'll be a charity shop jobby. Inspired by you wardy I reckon I'll have to get my wellies down from the loft (can't get enough pairs of socks into my summer garden trainers!) And my coat is my riding jacket and detachable fleece.

You didn't have hat, scarf and gloves to match you boots did you?  ;D

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2005, 23:00:09 »
Hi Aqui,

Know where you're at/been etc., You'll find the right direction.....

Love CLx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal