Author Topic: Quail!!  (Read 3811 times)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
Re: Quail!!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 11:59:49 »
lottie why don't you buy some adults much easier , my quails breed there self in the aviary , the chap i bought them of off said they would not hatch there own eggs but i ended up with lots of bumble bees , i had 2 breeding pairs , and they grow really quickly there are so sweet , all this talk of quails is making me fink about getting some again

undercarriage plan

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 18:56:58 »
Weel, Dibs, have not been known to take easy way..and eggs will be cheaper, and they will hopefully imprint on me or me on them  ??? one or the other anyway!! And think the kids would love to see them hatching. If you do get some, would we be quail fanciers??  ;D ;)
Lottie

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2005, 20:33:12 »
Quail fanciers i like the sound of that lottie , we could go off to bird shows together  ;D ;D show our birds prune our birds and put pink ribbon in there hair sound exciting  ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2005, 20:40:09 »
Oh Dibs!! Don't know how I'll contain myself... ;D ;D ;D By the way, how does one prune a quail???  ???
Kate..erm..Lottie!! Nope..erm UP!! Yehay!

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 20:43:31 »
pruning a Quail is a very skilled job Up i can teach but only if you bring me a apple a day very in important pieace of equipment  :o :o :o :o

undercarriage plan

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 22:28:34 »
OK..sat here on three legged, short, quail pruning stool, apple in hand...erm quail trapped between legs....whenever ready, Dibs, they slippery little blighters!! :o :o :o ;)
Kate!

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 19:30:09 »
lottie you need some flour on your hands stop the Quail slipping , hope you have a set of Quail pruners  ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 14:51:06 »
Darn! Knew I'd forgotten something...ok......am ready...flour on hands and one knees and nose for some unknown reason....sat on stool, quail pruners in hand...awww it's so sweet!! Is it OK to tickle quail under chin before pruning??By the way checked in shop yesterday, 12 quail eggs £1.89!!! Wish I could get on with it!!
Lottie  ;D

ipt8

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 11:06:21 »
Hi
Dont forget if you intend to sell the eggs you do not want any male quail with the egg layers !
Ivor

undercarriage plan

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2005, 11:17:29 »
Oooerrr Ivor!! Good point!! Erm..dare I ask, how do you sex a quail?  ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal