Author Topic: Just a quick update on our new lottie!  (Read 1563 times)

Sheona

• Not So New ...
Just a quick update on our new lottie!
« on: November 30, 2005, 23:51:16 »
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm well chuffed with what we have managed to achieve on our wee plot the last couple of weeks!  It measures 13' x 52' (small for some people, but big enough for us to start with!!).  Got it ALL double dug over now with 5 bin bags of weeds, mares tail and rotting veg... plus delivery of our shed yesterday (which I put up with OH help!?!). Paths tramped ready for frosts to settle, cause we've decided to go down the traditional route we have NO raised beds... Only thing left to do is move our manure and cover with a tarp for the winter, ready for spring! Even have my seeds sitting waiting, only seed tatties to get and thats us all set... canny wait! ROLL ON SPRING!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Will post a couple of pics when I get round to taking digital camera down there.... it's only a 25 min walk or 10 mins by car so easy got to, oh, also on a bus route directly home!!!

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
Re: Just a quick update on our new lottie!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:29:18 »
Gosh Sheona I,m dead impressed - you are very organised - roll on spring Eh!!!!!!!1
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:51:38 »
Well I know for a fact just how much graft you have put in Sheona, and well done. If you are planning to compost those bin bags of green waste, it is worth removing the marestail and burning it, as otherwise it will probably regrow. You could just sieve your compost, but then you will have permanent marestail in your heap too ...

Well done! You deserve a glass of rhubarb wine !

Derekthefox :D

Sheona

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:12:01 »
Thanks Derek! My back is fine, no sore bits at all, which I'm surprised about after all that we've managed to get done  ;D Regarding the composting, we have decided to just chuck it all as the rotting veg is full of slugs eggs and trailing through all the bags to get rid of the marestail is just too much like hard work! Will start composting with all our waste next year, as we know what all has gone on the crops/soil so .... Going to have a busy weekend, my 13yo niece is coming today till sunday so better get the house tidied (has been neglected a wee bit cause I've been too busy  :-[)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 17:45:25 »
Great result Sheona.  You must feel very satisified....but if you think that was hard work just wait until you have seriously caught the bug  ;D !!!   You'll be digging like that non-stop.  YOu know the "while I'm here harvesting I might as well pull up that weed I walked past" - 3 hours later and the whole plot weeded you'll be wondering where the time went!   ::)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 17:47:01 by Icyberjunkie »
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal