Author Topic: Locations  (Read 3273 times)

Sheona

• Not So New ...
Locations
« on: November 09, 2005, 11:23:25 »
Hello everyone, this is the first time posting although I have been a member since the summer.... I'm afraid I've been a bit of a lurker in the background  8)  I'm up in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire - was wondering if there was anyone in here from my area? Me and my husband have been on the waiting list for an allotment, and are due to hear this week if we have been lucky enough...  It's the Ossington Allotments Association we are listed with, the only allotments in our area so we don't have much choice.  They are a nice and friendly bunch, went to have a look around a couple of months back and to be honest, oh my god :o! It'll take a helluva lot to get our wee plot looking like the rest (if we have one!!)  :)

Sheona

• Not So New ...
Re: Locations
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 13:15:47 »
Hi wardy, I spent a good couple of hours on the 'net the other night looking at seed catalogues and have ordered around half a dozen! Cant remember the names of all the companies they are from but I do remember suttons is in there somewhere!

I'll be so dissapointed if we don't get our lottie this year, have been gearing myself up fo it, and am that keen I'm tempted to rotivate our front lawn! (Don't know what the neighbours would say as it's a communal area of ground - the joys of living in a block of flats  :()

I'm already scouting around for a cheap greenhouse and shed in anticipation and driving Kevin up the wall in the process, but there again, thats what I do best  ;D.  Can't wait really, I'm not happy unless surrounded by muck, and covered in it! Looking forward to those long, tiring days but feeling like I've achieved something as well....  Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone on here eventually. Will let you know whats happening as soon as we know  :)

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 14:57:43 »
Hello there - theres nothing worse then being excited and ready to embark on something only to have to wait, but don't be dispondant and like Wardy says get planning and dreaming, I do alot of that, dreaming that is, my Oh says I have I look on my face that make him think Oh no what scheme is she thinking of now and how much work will it involve!!

My Hubby is the Flower Gardener and Chief Lawn Mower, I'm the one who likes to live in her wellies up to her eyes in muck, can't be doing with flowers unless they can be used medicinally or eaten

Good Luck and hope you get lottie soon  :D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 15:08:17 »
I'm intriqued Wardy   ;D

I make comfrey feed but what significance is a comfrey pipe - I know I'm appearing a little dumb now but I am from Scunny,  and only I beginner  ;D

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 22:34:19 »
Saw the piccy earlier with the champagne bottle and wondered what it was all about - clear as mud now, will show picture and instructons to the old fella and then scrutinise his face for reaction, I sware he thinks I've lost the plot. 

I rang him at work today to ask him if he could get hold of a crowbar and some wood offcuts for my purple sprouting broccoli which I'm very worried about in all this wind don't want them to snap and loose them now cos they are looking very healthy at the moment.

he is a gud un though cos he came home with the said crowbar and good strong wood lengths - what a little star!!

Dominique

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 20:03:39 »
Hope you get your lottie Sheona, fingers crossed, let us know. 

I'm wondering... Delilah?  Why the  crow bar?  Oh and Wardy, I'm full of admiration (and envy  :P) for your pipe but just thinking of OH's face if I asked him to make one....  Nah, can't face it  ;D  (We're still trying to work out how to make a support for the fleece :-\)
D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 20:07:47 »
Why the  crow bar? 
Because she's from Scunny  ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 20:38:33 »
Now  Now Redclanger I know you re only jealous  ;D

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 09:21:27 »
Dominique - Used the crow bar to make holes to plant bulbs, Hubby wanders around the garden making holes and I follow popping bulbs in ;D

And a crow bar is a handy piece of kit in my neck of the woods - only kidding, Scunthorpe is fast becoming a town of refinement and culture!!!!!  ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 19:00:40 »
Wow, didn't know they had opened a Burger King as well as the McD's.  ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 19:38:40 »
Get it right Clanger 3 McD's  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal