Author Topic: Ideas for Building a Greenhouse.  (Read 1553 times)

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
Ideas for Building a Greenhouse.
« on: November 03, 2005, 00:15:59 »
OK Winter is upon us and the project  for this winter in to 'BUILD' a greenhouse as my alluminium one was stolen. I am hoping to build one from window frames but I cannot get the window frames  :'(. Does anyone have any ideas or tips. I would not like to buy new glass or anything new as it would cost me an arm and a leg. I want this to be as cheap and even as rough as possible. Just as long as it does the job of growing my tomatoes that is all I am interested in. Any help or tips would be of most use and help. Thank You in advance  :)

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

AikenDrum

• Acre
Re: Ideas for Building a Greenhouse.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 01:47:13 »
You could try being really nice to your local double glazing company, maybe an offer of some veg or pies etc.  ?   {:¬)#
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 19:56:42 »
See if anyone you know is getting their windows replaced and ask for the old ones.

You could try looking in skips - I'm always seeing old windows in the ones round here.

You never know - you might see someone advertising an old greenhouse. I got mine this way - didn't have to pay, just had to dismantle it myself.

Good luck!

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 21:26:13 »
look on loot and get a free aluminium one, and just make sure its well and truly stuck to the ground!!!  mch easier!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 22:19:52 »
Same as Emmalou here, Sexy Snail, got my little for one for free, just had to dismantle it, put an ad in free ads? The lady was so grateful it had gone, think if i'd asked, she'd have paid me for taking it!!
Lottie ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal