Author Topic: My Car!!!  (Read 8333 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: My Car!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2005, 09:54:51 »
Delilah. Had one of those mini van types. Had it for putting pigeons in (in baskets ;D) when we took them training. That was about 1980/1984 .

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2005, 10:07:33 »

I don't drive ...  ;D ;D ;D OH drives a Serena...I just sit in middle row seats
  shouting "Drive on jeeves"...did get a rude awakening at its mot though
  garage said a small job was required on brakes.....I told them go ahead
  2 pounds short of £700 later...car came home and hand brake never
  worked and niether did speedometer both working when they went in :'( :'(
  all this took 5 weeks :o :o :o :o nedless to say THAT garage will not get
  repeat buisness ;D ;D ;D ;D I said to other half at the time woulda been
  better investing in running shoes....coulda stuck feet out n used em as brakes....lolol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2005, 13:39:12 »
UC In the words of Meldrew "I don't believe it!" I suppose the fact that we had a garage and haulage business it was drummed in to me  Check oil, water and tyre pressures regularly!!!! Now my grandson is a qualified mechanic he does all the necessary. He recently put on a new cambelt for me (saved me a fortune.)

Jaggy. That is disgusting. No wonder some garages get a bad name, grandson now he is self employed had made up his mind to be fair. He cannot carry out actual MOT's but he prepares vehicles. He then gives customer list of things that need doing and gives them a QUOTE (not an estimate). That way the customer knows what they have got to pay.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2005, 13:59:49 »
My husband likes Renault cars, he says they are the best (I'm clueless!)  We had a Renault Fuego for thirteen years!  Now we have a lovely silver Renault Laguna.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 14:33:39 by Yellow Petals »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 14:53:58 »
Well, in my defense, Lorna, I assumed OH was checking it!! What on earth possessed him to think it would even occur to me....is quite beyond me!! I mean, he has met me!! ::)  ;D
Lottie

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2005, 16:10:41 »
Our 'boring' vehicle is an N reg 1.2 Metro, which is easy to park, and gets us from a to b. Our fun vehicle is an N reg BMW 1200cc touring motorbike which is worth 6 times what the car is worth  ;D The car and the motorbike have the same size engine  ::)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2005, 20:13:10 »
I knew you wouldn't be far behind with the BMW!

What's the insurance like??
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 20:15:14 by tim »

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2005, 21:15:03 »
Horriffic Tim, as OH is still young as far as the insurers are concerned  ::) It's fun though, so worth every penny  ;D
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2005, 22:06:21 »
Very interesting finding out what people drive!

I have a K reg Toyota Celica. It looked beautiful when I first got it. Unfortunately a boy racer couldn't see out of his blacked out windows and couldn't hear my horn blaring as he had his music so loud - and he subsequently reversed into the front of my car! I couldn't get out of his way as I had people behind my car. Anyway he drove off after realising what he'd done! I expect he didn't have insurance etc. I gave the police his reg, but they couldn't trace it so I expect it was fake! As it is I now have a really scruffy looking bumper with bits falling off!

Before that I had a Eunos Roadster. Wow I loved that car :-*! But a 2 seater wasn't practical and had to go after 3 years of enjoying it! :'(

My first car was an E reg Nissan Micra. Probably the most practical of the lot. I actually wish I still had it as it was such a good little runner - very economical. I think I would have painted it with flowers if I'd had the chance! :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2005, 23:04:46 »
Emma Lou. How I envy you WOW  2 seater. I have always wanted a sports car, husband was going to buy me one at an auction years ago but he always had a figure set in his mind and he wouldn't budge, so no car!!!! I still hanker after one but son reckons I am too old now to get in one ???

undercarriage plan

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2005, 13:51:10 »
Oh Lorna! Think you could be 106 (which I know you're not, before you slap...!!) and if you want a Sports car and can afford it, and have all your faculties, why on earth not? Am perplexed ???, but that is not an unusual occurence......
Lottie  ;D

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2005, 17:11:29 »
You're never too old! I intend to get another one when the kids have grown up and left home (long wait I know!).

MX5's/Eunos Roadsters are so cheap these days so keep your eye out for one. They are so lovely to drive and look cool (even though most blokes I spoke to called them 'hairdresser cars')! I never had any problems with mine so it was really cheap to run.

I found the imported Eunos Roadsters had better additions. Mine had alloy low profile wheels, tan leather interior, lowered suspension, racing Green colour and a black vinyl roof. I really miss it! :'(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2005, 21:11:33 »
Well who knows ;D Problem I really do have is that I have a spoilt animal (Elsa) that goes everwhere with me. When I bought the Neon I thought I could just have her on the back seat (with dog harness) but she fly's at the windows every time people come near the car so I have her dog cage on the back seat,otherwise she would ruin the side panels of the car. Never had a crazy dog like her but can't be helped so I am stuck with her.(she's lovely really).   I can still dream though!!!! Lorna.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal