Author Topic: Led Zep  (Read 2614 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Led Zep
« on: November 03, 2005, 12:34:35 »
Did anyone hear Led Zep's "Whole Lotta Love" this morning on Ken Bruce?  They played it in its entirety.  I was coming away from the garden centre with my little Fiesta full of blackberries and strawberry canes, tootling along like Miss Daisy when it came on.  I turned up me radio to ears bleed volume, revved me car up and screeched off, singing on top of me voice like a hell's granny, tearring down the country lanes like a mad woman  :o

Oh I did enjoy it  ;D   Wonder if my fledgling fruit bushes will be affected.  They did look a tad shaken up by the time I got home
I came, I saw, I composted

Meg

• Acre
Re: Led Zep
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 12:43:07 »
Nothing like the old songs. Feel sorry for these youngsters these days cos I think I had just the best. I had Alice Cooper and schools out just at the right time.
Marigold

allotmanye

• Not So New ...
    • www.hoehoehoe@blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 12:50:59 »
Ah yes Alice Cooper. A bloke with a girls name, wearing makeup and telling us kids its great cos school has finished, really feel sorry for todays kids  missing out on that  ;)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 13:14:18 »
My son's 23 and loves Floyd, Alice Cooper and of course Led Zep.

Rock on   8)

Wardy

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 13:42:39 »
Led Zep? Alice Cooper??  :o  ::)  :P  ???
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 13:52:47 »
 ::) ::) ::) ::)

OH has enjoyed Led Zep and I have had to listen to them for decades, am just getting used to them now and do turn up 'Whole lotta love' . 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 14:07:32 »
Good for Ken Bruce! Love Led Zep, and quite a lot of 'old' rock stuff :-[ ;D Last Xmas was driving down to Cornwall and he played the Oo's Won't Get Fooled Again in its entirety - yeehah! Not sure the kids understood why I was getting so excited - or why the volume suddenly went up!

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 14:10:43 »
Me and the old man were playing Rainbow's "Since You've been gone" very loud in the car last night on the way back from a family "do"   It does yer good to have a blast now and then  ;D

One of my in-car faves is Cream's "Crossroads" oh and another is Radar Love by Golden Earring

Old rock chick (old bag more like)

Wardy  ;D

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 14:14:51 »
Radar Love - blimey that takes me back a bit!

Current in-car faves are old Fairport Convention for me, Robbie Williams for OH and Kylie for the kids. And driving through the Northumberland National Park accompanied by Celtic folk music takes some beating...ah, variety is the spice of life...

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 14:26:57 »
Fairport Convention takes me back to 1968  :o

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 14:27:53 »
YUp, heard it LOUD and CLEAR whilst baing pumpkin pie, pumpkin pasties, apple flapjack and pumpkin and ginger loaf!  ;D

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 14:32:49 »
Fairport Convention takes me back to 1968  :o

Takes me back to the Cropredy festival last year - a happy day in the sun with good food, real beer, and great music.

Cheers,
Rob ;)

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 16:03:20 »
I'm 27 and i LOVE LOVE LOVE Pink Floyd, Led Zep et al.  Am very lucky girl coz last week was allowed out for the night & got to see 'Dark Side..' played in it's entirety by one of the best (imho) prog bands of the last 15 years (namely Dream Theater) Still grinning, humming, bouncing  & grinning ;D ;D ;D
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal