Author Topic: Wardy!! Mmmmm!!  (Read 2459 times)

undercarriage plan

Wardy!! Mmmmm!!
« on: November 02, 2005, 19:40:24 »
Fed the kids and OH some of your mashed potato with butternut squash, well not yours cos that be stealing......it was delicious!! Now sit down for this bit.....Dan ( my fussy eater.... ::)) ate the lot and asked for more!! :o :o :o Though he did go green when I offered him roasted aubergine....but I'm getting there...!! Thanks
LottieĀ  ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Wardy!! Mmmmm!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 19:54:28 »
You still have aubies??

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 20:03:03 »
Erm, yes Tim! Shouldn't I? Sorry!! Picked 3, have 3 more still to go, bit small at min. It's my  first year of doing them,  so am really chuffed.
Lottie  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 22:56:39 »
I still have 10 aubergines getting bigger every day!  Slow but steady this year...just wish everyone liked them as much as me!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 08:53:37 »
Gosh I die for roasted aubergine ... I cannot believe there are sad people out there turning there noses up at it ...

Derekthefox :D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 09:19:03 »
Glad to hear that Lots  :)   

EJ    I like your new avatar.  It looks like you have grown a pair of green wings  ;D      Like a little gardening angel rather than a guardian angel  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 09:25:57 »
Thanks Wardy, and nice pic EJ!! and Derek, bit harsh on a 10 year old, methinks!!!  ;) He's only sad when I serve up vegetables in any shape, way or form.....!!! But I am becoming the master of disguise.... ;D ;) He's getting better though, mailny cos he'd starve otherwise......
Lottie  ;D

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 15:24:08 »
I have to disguise veggies for my 29 year old husband!!!!! The little one eats all veggies no problemo, puts his father to shame - I blame school dinners circa 1984. :-X

And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 16:04:06 »
My old ma used to make a lid on the top of the yorkshire puds and hide some greens in there and put the lid back over  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 17:38:26 »
I also disguise the veggies.  Shame isn't it.  A real winner is veggie mash where I cook up all different roots, then mash them all with lashings of butter, milk, salt and pepper.  They come back for more of that one, and you can add cauliflower to it and make it even more creamy!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 08:09:25 »
Even better the day after are the leftovers when it can be fried up  ;D  I always hated greens and veg in general but loved fry up  :)

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 08:54:45 »
We bubbled and squeaked sundays leftovers last night - and absolute must and very scrummy :D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 09:42:53 »
It's gorgeous innit  ;D    I did celeriac and spud mash last week and that got bubbled and squeaked with leftover cabbage and leeks.  Had it with a rasher of bacon and one of my mate's free range eggs.  heaven  :)

Black Forest Dan

• Quarter Acre
  • who put snow on my breakfast?
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 11:17:14 »
I couldn't find Wardy's recipe for mashed potato with butternut squash anywhere.... I still have some squashes to use up.... what's the secret? Lottie or Wardy can you post the recipe?

Congrats to Emma for passing 7000 posts!

Dan.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 12:10:33 »
There's no recipe.  Just wing it  ;D   Takle your squash, skin it carefully as the best bit of the flesh is just under the skin, take seeds out if there are any (come to think of it are there any in butternuts?, cube it and cook it with your spuds in big pan.  When cooked, mash with a ton of butter and a gallon of cream (milk if you're a healthy type)  and don't forget to add salt, pepper and some freshly grated nutmeg if liked.  Stuff yourself silly  ;D

You can actually cook your whole squash in the microwave by pricking the surface all over (the squash that is  ;D)   If you don't prick it then it will explode as DP's did.  She's probably still redecorating the kitchen   :o

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal