Author Topic: Missing cat  (Read 2846 times)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Missing cat
« on: October 29, 2005, 20:08:44 »
Danu, our youngest, went missing overnight and has been missing eversince.  Now it is about 22 hours since she went missing, what are the chances we will ever see her again?
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

agapanthus

• Hectare
Re: Missing cat
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 20:26:31 »
probably a very good chance.....never say never. I found with most of my cats (present and not so present) that they used to go walkabout when they were younger.....just finding their feet and seeing what else is out there!! They always came back!!! Have you checked yours and your neighbours shed/garage? Found one of mine locked in a garage once, he had been there for 2 days but while i was out searching for him I heard his cries. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.....good luck.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 22:04:28 »
Ours returned yesterday after dark, having been walkabout for 48 hours. This is the third time she has done this. This time she was covered head to foot in something nasty so we had to bather her. She was not happy, but she has not been out since. Something must have jumped her perhaps.
So, do not give up yet. Do as Agapanthus suggests and check that she is not locked in somewhere. Fingers crossed
Gardening is the great leveller.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 23:02:19 »
We have in the past put notes through all our neighbours doors and those in roads nearby, one time our cat returned the same evening so it is worth a try.  And a poster in your local shop - you never know someone may be looking after her.

Our vet has all sorts of stories of missing cats returning after six months and even a year.  Our ginger cat has been missing since June 17th but we are still hopeful!!  There is a thread somewhere on here where lots of people told me not to give up hope so now I am doing the same for you.  Our cats have often been away for a week at a time so you never know...

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that soon you are posting to say that Danu has returned.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 23:13:53 »
Redclanger. Definately don't give up. I did post some months ago that one of our cats went missing and turned up as large as life TEN MONTHS LATER (honestly!!)
I hope your cat returns very soon, let us know. Lorna.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 23:38:08 »
Redclanger, i do so hope your next news is to say you have found your cat.
Do not give up,cats love to wander but do check in all the places you woulden`t think a cat was in .good luck.

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 23:59:19 »
Redclanger,  I so know that worrying feeling.  

We had a cat who was epileptic, and by the age of 10 was also arthritic and deaf, who went missing.  We lived in a village which in the storms a few years ago got flooded.  She went missing and after a couple of days we had given up hope, having posted notices through letterboxes and on noticeboards in all three pubs, shop and vet's surgery.  11 days later we received a phone call from a village 5 miles downstream.  Someone had taken their cat to the vet and had seen our notice and had also seen a cat matching our description dragging itself out of the Nailbourne in their village 10 days earlier.  They'd watched her scavenging in their village, knocking over milk bottles and looking sorry for herself.  After phoning us they put her in their cat basket and brought her to us and it was a very very happy day.

We had another lucky find with this particular cat before she died which I won't bore you with just now.

Just hoping Danu turns up soon both happy and healthy as cats tend to do.  Will be thinking of you.  Please keep us informed.

redimp

• Hectare
Re: Missing cat (not yet)
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 00:21:09 »
Thank you for all your thoughts.

She is not here yet but I am still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

redimp

• Hectare
Good News
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 10:23:30 »
Hello everyone - Danu turned up shouting her head off at 4am.  She was not hungry or wet (?) and spent the rest of the night in bed with us - obviously very pleased to be home.  Eldest cat and dog have stopped sulking too.

Thanks all

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 10:28:57 »
So glad to hear the good news.  It is such a relief when they come back.   :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 10:39:17 »
RC brilliant news. so glad all ended well.  Lorna

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 10:56:17 »
That's brillliant news RC, really pleased for you. :)

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 15:14:10 »
Fab news, RC.  Bet that there aren't many times when you've felt happy at being woken at 4am!

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 18:24:45 »
Thanks everyone and yes Jill - the whole family got up at 4 this morning and then went back to be bed (some of us with cat) happy.

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 21:17:43 »
I love a happy ending ;D ;D ;D ;D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 22:25:01 »
GREAT NEWS so glad your cat is safely home Redclanger. ;D ;D ;D ;D