Author Topic: Telly prog last night  (Read 1369 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Telly prog last night
« on: October 29, 2005, 12:04:23 »
Did anyone see that prog last night about those two folks, one a spendthrift and a woman who was careful with her money?  I was shouting at the telly at one point!  He wouldn't buy Sainsbury's milk and would only buy Cravendale as it was "better"    He was really annoying as he thought the young woman was demeaning herself as she used money off coupons and got free meals with vouchers from McDonald's.  He spent fortunes on hair products (he was virtually bald), refused to use public transport and wouldn't sit on a second hand sofa in case it was dirty.  He was whining all the time when they were food shopping and at one point I thought he was going to cry.  THE GUY WAS A POLICE OFFICER!!  Unbelieveable.   I would have taken him out into the car park and beat him up he made me so mad    ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

terrace max

• Hectare
Re: Telly prog last night
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 13:15:17 »
Imagine - an over-controlling arsehead being a police officer! ;)
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 13:44:55 »
Have to agree - only saw a little bit - when they were in the supermarket.  I thought 'what a £$&^er' about him and felt very sorry for her - she had the right idea and had to put up with a lot of personal abuse from &^%pot.  Did not know he was a copper - it is all much clearer now.

Got to say it again - pretentious £$&^er.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 16:09:22 »
Didn't see the programme but intrigued to know....

1) what was the 'relationship' between the two people then?

2) why was she with this ' £$6&(*' then

or was it to show how two entirely 'different' people shopped?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 23:56:05 »
They are best friends.  They met on Gladiator (don't know owt about that)  She earnin £40,000 pa doing what it didn't say and he earning £37,000 as a polieman.  She was careful with her dosh as she was trying to pay for her house in double quick time to save interest payments./  he, on the other hand, was a live for today spendthrift blowing money left,l right and centre.  T he idea of the prog was that they swopped for a week each and live life according to the other but it only lasted 4 minutes as the policeman was such a big girl's blouse he couldn't survive on supermarket milk  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 07:33:44 »
wonder how long that friendship will last then  ???....he'd drive me up the wall in next to no time  ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal