Author Topic: New Season Jitters!!  (Read 2276 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
New Season Jitters!!
« on: January 09, 2006, 00:49:30 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have bored the workmates to death, my friends are sick of me.....so to come on here and say:"I CANNOT WAIT" is a real pleasure!!

It's great to see other peoples plans etc and join in with the aura of general enthusiasm!!

Last year I didn't even have a plot at this time, so it's great to have somewhere to go to just say....

ALLOTMENTS ARE TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, have got that out of my system now, thankyou
 :-[

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: New Season Jitters!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:40:52 »
I think we are all the same, now that Christmas is cleared away, it is a straight run into the Spring ... getting all the planning done now while it is still quiet ... because come March and it will suddenly get manic, and will be so busy ...  ;D

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:32:08 »
I feel exactly the same, been updating my planting diary and getting everything prepared to get sowing. OH thinks I'm silly with my forums but it's the only place I can talk to people about growing things without boredom rapidly setting in on their part! :D
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 16:56:42 »
Wardy ;D ;D

Plus that New Vacuum - Cleaner for up the Lottie ;D ;D

Boy.....Have I got Bottle ;D ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 17:44:02 by TULIP-23 »
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 20:23:22 »
Tulip-23 You Will have more than New Season Jitters if you carry on that way.
I am looking forward to this coming season, will be growing some veg (I hope) will make a change from fu*hsias and geraniums.. (They will still be grown but not such vast quantities).

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 17:45:56 »
Lorna ;)

Good Idea.....You cant eat Flowers....[I hope] for you too ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 17:47:32 by TULIP-23 »

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 19:04:24 »
Thanks Tulip. I am confident something will grow. Only thing is I hate ALL root veg except raw carrots. Still kids will benefit . :)

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 12:36:03 »
Lorna ;D ;D ;D

Hope the pain is away....and your feeling your old self again.

Sure everything will work out fine Veggie wise 8)

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 21:15:51 »
Jesse - my other half just sighs and shoos me away to the forum.  I think he's very grateful that I found it! Now, if you lot would just come and do all the digging etc. instead of him, he'd be really happy ....  ;D

zaz283

• Quarter Acre
  • Life's just too short
    • Allotment Heaven
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 08:10:59 »
Similar feelings here Katy.

This is my first attempt, dug first bed yesterday. The sun even shone for a few seconds (sure I heard a celestial voice saying 'cabbage' but maybe it was someone shouting abuse at me).

My daughters' comment is 'wonder how long this fad will last'. Sons look at me like I'm mad, no conception of the benefit. Wife thinks the house is going to go to pot & I'll be laid up for weeks with a bad back. I don't think I could stand any more encouragement.

But I'm thinking wonderful veg, failures that help me understand better for the next attempt, getting to the allotment in the early mornings when you just know the day's going to be a scorcher, watching the grandchildren belt up & down the paths on their trikes & learning with me.

Wish I could fast forward a few months!
We can wish & we can wish
But we can never have
What once seemed ours forever

http://allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 09:28:13 »
Hi JohnMac,

My only advice (hah - like I'm in a position to give advice) would eb to take your wife and kids to the lottie. My wife was a bit anti when I got ours, but the first time she went there she saw the knackered fruit cage I've inherited and next thing I knew she was on her hands and knees weeding around them. And the kids immediately picked their own space (which I have to dig out for them!) and set about making scarecrows!

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal