Produce > Edible Plants

Land Cress

(1/2) > >>

rdak:
The Dr Hessayon book mentions 'Land Cress' as an easily-grown alternative to the somewhat more difficult Water Cress. Has anyone grown this? I cannot find it in the catalogs..perhaps it goes by a different name?
thanks

Bannerdown:
You may find it under American Land Cress or Corn Salad, I have two rows in the garden as we type, very frost hardy.  Try Claytonia, better tasting the  Land Cress.  Available from the Organic Gardening Catalogue

rdak:
I thought Corn Salad = Lamb's Leaf Lettuce

...or are all 3 the same thing?

tim:
surely not?

Land (American) cress is much more like watercress - and don't go by Dobies illustration, which is much more like a lettuce.

Next time, why not grow Marshall's watercress? We do it in trays - great stuff - especially if you have some protection. If I can find the photo, I'll post it. - Tim

Hugh_Jones:
While this particular posting would be more appropriate on the Ponds Board, I would point out that for anyone with a pond and a circulating pump water cress is very easy to grow.  Just buy a bunch from Tesco in the spring, place it in your waterfall, and spend the rest of the summer raking our bunches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version