Author Topic: I can see soil !  (Read 3514 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: I can see soil !
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 16:42:26 »
Thanks everyone!

Just to peeve you a little bit...the soil is abso- blinking- lutely gorgeous! It's all due to the old guy who used to have the plot I suspect. It hasn't been cultivated in over 6 years . I was dreading how the soil might be but whilst the rubbish and weeds have been, and still are, a nightmare the soil could not be better. Ofcourse I don't know yet if there are any nasties lurking in it but hopefully time has taken it's toll if there were any. 

Thanks for your support! I'll keep you posted  ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 17:34:36 »
Mind your knees Heidi when you kneel on the ground and make sure you always have good shoes on you (and the kids) in case glass pops back up as I'm sure it will and you don't want to sever anything vital  :o

I always take care if I have to kneel down and use a mat or bit of cardboard
I came, I saw, I composted

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 10:55:41 »
Thanks Wardy.  Found some massive shards of glass yesterday when I was clearing out where the old coldframes used to be.  Very nasty.  On the positive side I now have a perfect space in which to put a new coldframe that OH keeps saying he will make for me.  Made with wood and plastic. Can't be doing with any more glass!  Do you happen to know if that polycarbonate stuff is expensive?  OH reckons using polythene will do but I fancied something a bt more permanent/sturdy.  (Like making him work you see!  ;) )

The old soil from the old coldframes has been cleared of glass debris and has gone into the hen pen because they loved using it for a dust bath.   I'm going to use my daughter's old baby change mat for a kneeling pad.  Recyling!   :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal