Author Topic: first time allot holder  (Read 1521 times)

sid

• Half Acre
first time allot holder
« on: November 10, 2005, 20:05:40 »
hi all i have just got a plot and we r starting up a allotment association but only 3 turned up apart from the person from the D M B C i would like to know if i could just rotavat the grass in as my plot has never been an allotment b 4 its all ways been a horse field it has just grass a few brambles and nettles so could i just rotavat it all over or will i have to take the grass out  i have never grown veg b4 but looking forword to it any tips would b wellcom thank you

undercarriage plan

Re: first time allot holder
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 22:37:51 »
Welcome Sid! But you sooooo need Wardy!! WARDY!! She's so good at this! Just wait!!
Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: first time allot holder
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 10:53:01 »
yes Hello Sid, and welcome to the best allotment site on the internet! You will certainly get a lot of good advice here, but it is my opnion that you should remove the turf layer first before rotavating. This can be done by cutting the turf into blocks with a spade, then slicing them off. They should be stacked turf side down to rot and produce a good material for returning to your plot.

Once your allotment association has started, I am sure more people will become interested.

Good luck

Derekthefox :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal