Author Topic: ANY IDEAS?  (Read 2120 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
ANY IDEAS?
« on: September 21, 2003, 03:29:23 »
HI SUZE O  I need your help :(on the beebies board they have a login going on and i have tried all day they will not except my login and password the one i have ALWAYS used have you any ideas as to what i can do i have tried everything i can think of i am so cross >:(i can`t tell you.feel like disappearing :-/ thank you suze.
  rosebud..............
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: ANY IDEAS?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 11:57:26 »
Hiya Rosebud,

Think I'm up & in front of my PC before Suze this sunny morning, so...this is how it was for me...

I was 'me' on the Beeb Boards for over a year. Then one fine day earlier this year I suddenly couldn't be 'me' any more..their boards had crashed for a short while and when they got it right I'd been logged-out and couldn't get back in. Just like you. SO, ever resourceful, after mailing admin and getting no reply from them, I opened up a new account (used Yahoo) called myself 'Disgusted, Tonbridge Wells'(to reflect the fact that I'd had d**n-all help from them at all) with a different password...and I was back in. But what I couldn't do was use another name from the Hotmail account I use for forums..why, I don't know.  Just a short while ago, after the Beeb Boards had a mega-crash, I tried getting in as 'me' and hey presto! I was back again!

Oz was spot-on with his remark that the Beeb Boards are like a now-you-see-it-now-you-don't lit up Christmas tree.

Cheers, Lishka

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 16:11:26 »
hiya lishka thank you for your reply i have tried again this morning no luck  >:( i have sent off a not so friendly email this morning i shall try other ways later when i have calmed down a bit so maybe i will see you all under another name who knows  ??? cheers for now rosebud...........

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 16:29:36 »
oh-oh!! I'm definitely getting a feeling of deja-vu here..

you're beginning to understand why I called myself "Disgusted, Tonbridge Wells"??  ::)

Could we help you think up a new moniker?  ;D - Lishka

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 18:04:59 »
HI LISHKA i have managed to get back on the boards  :D  i am now daisy when i first logged on in december i was mary my own real name and then became rosebud  now it`s daisy i shall have been all round the garden by this time next year at this rate.
they woulden` let me on as bl---y fed up or words to that effect .so daisy will do but i still have steam bellowing out of my ears i am not finished yet. >:(
thank you for your help take care regards rosebud.....

Suze_O

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 04:46:58 »
Yo Rosebud

Sorry, not been around for a while, up in Manchester.

Glad you managed to get your log in sorted.  Even at the best of times the Beeb log in is one of the hardest.  What I did was never, ever, log out.  So once you get to the boards it's instant.

How's your garden looking?  Mine is really going over now and grass not looking good.  Beanies more or less finishing, glut of apples tho.

All Beeb boards in state of disarray, wish they would invest in some new software - sooo slooow - I think peeps give up.

Will hop over and look out for Daisy  :)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 13:25:51 »
HI FOLKS WELL BACK TO SQUARE ONE THEY WON`T LET ME IN AGAIN :o   SO I AM LOOKING FOR A SUITABLE NAME.
ALISHKA SOMETHING VERY APPROPIATE!!!!!!!!!!. ;D
THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I TRY I CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME ON TRYING TO LOG ON .THE BEEB BOARDS ARE A DISGRACE.
I NEVER HAVE LOGGED OFF SUZE I JUST WENT ON THE BOARDS ON SAT MORN AND HAD TO LOG ON BEFORE I COULD START , AND IT JUST WOULDEN`T LET ME AHHH!
ANYWAY SUZE I SAW YOU ONCE MENTION ABOUT
PUTTING IT ON THE TOOL BAR OR SOMETHING WOULD YOU REMIND ME PLEASE . THANKS ROSEBUD......... :)

Suze_O

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 13:51:59 »
Yo mary-rosebud-daisy

Stop shouting!  What I do is put somewhere I visit regularly on favourites list.  Trouble is you have to be on the site to start with!

At very top of page you will see favourites (between view and tools).  Click on this and then on add to favourites.  In future, when you turn your puter on and click on start, then favourites on pop up menu it will take you directly there instead of the front page of your ISP.  When you are on the net and want to 'change channels' click on the big favourites icon (between seach and history) and a menu will appear on left hand of screen of all your faves.

As to the logging in, suggest you do as 'Lishka says and start from scratch.  How many e-mail addresses/domains does your server let you have, why not create a totally new one, and remember when sending the registration e-mail back follow the guide lines to cut and paste the whole message!

I'm sure 'Lishka's fertile imagaination can think of a suitable name  ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 14:05:10 »
YO SUZE O sorry for shouting  ::) would you believe i have just tried again and wow iam rosebud again well i am at the present who knows when i go back on ??? i have left a message for the host got rid of some of me steam.thank you for your help i shall do it now thats if the men in white coats don`t cart me off to the home for the bewildered first ha ha !!! ;D :D
  cheers mary.rosebud .daisy .rosebud who am i ????
    :D   :)   ;D   ::)

Hugh_Jones

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2003, 02:30:18 »
May I add another simple suggestion? Not only should you never log off, but keep your recent Internet History open for several days (and showing on your window)and just click on the site you want. This will take you immediately to the relevant board on that site without going through any of the normal preliminaries.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal