Author Topic: WARNING!!! I am sorry before I start!  (Read 5164 times)

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
WARNING!!! I am sorry before I start!
« on: October 22, 2005, 13:59:12 »
This is maybe the wrong place to place this so please Dan if you wish to put this in a different section please I would not be offended.

I have just gone over the edge. My IBS is getting the better of me!

I am the Secutary to my allotment site and I cannot GET DOWN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to ask my farther to go down and help me with site checks. My farther and brother placed and erected a loverly 12 by 8 greenhouse on my plot which I was going to use to
grow my crops on site, but some sod decided to take all of my lights (Glass) and leave me without a door and greenhouse. The site was trashed and so was I. I have never been so gutted in all of my life thinking that my farther and brother have spent there time constructing something that was exerlent from Nothing and to have it STOLEN hurts me. I would not mind if some mindless whats it head smashed all my glass. I would be anoid and angry but these things happen. I have been on that site for about 10 years and never have I been subjected to such vandalism. NEVER! All the sheds where broken into and all trashed including mine. My farther tried to secure my shed so I could keep a porta poti in it so if there was an ocasion I needed it I could use it.

Its not safe for that now

I will never GIVE UP NEVER

I will have a Robisons GLASSHOUSE ON SITE!
NO b@st@rd is going to get me off!

Sorry

the_snail

PS It took me 4 years to turn a derelict site into a site that has a long waiting list and I did that from my own gumsion and pleasure. I like my site and my first priority is my tenents who are under the council.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 16:09:51 by the_sexy_snail »
Be kind to slugs and snails!

TEL

• Hectare
Re: WARNING!!! I am sorry before I start!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 15:04:44 »
Sorry to hear about your problem i just hope the peeps who did it have a real bad life. >:(

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 15:24:59 »
Gutted for you snail - and I am with you on the 'never give up'

Don't let the b+stards grind you down.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 15:50:50 »
((((hugs)))) so sorry hun, we had a break in this week, they where after the pumkins :(
We are not allowed sheds on this new plot as it encourages the idiots to break in !!!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 16:10:48 »
I am saddened for you too SS, this sort of thing can be so painful to witness. At the very least, you know it was not personal, for all the plots were hit. My attitudes on this have been in print elsewhere, and upset other members, so I will not reiterate them here.

I am impressed by your resolve, it is so easy to become disillusioned and chuck the fork in ...

Derekthefox

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 16:57:02 »
So sorry Snail to hear of your vandalism problems  :'( :'( :'(  I hope you catch them as there's every chance they'll be back.   :(
I came, I saw, I composted

KevB

• Hectare
  • Now where did I Plant those Seeds
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 17:20:09 »
Sorry Snail, you have my best wishes for your future endeavours!! more power to your elbow!! These selfish individuals have no moral fibre whatsoever, and the only words of comfort i can offer is -

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!

Maybe not in the same vein, but the Lord has a marvellous way of evening things out!!!

All the best

KevB
If I wasn't Gardening I'd be shopping!! thank God for Gardening!!

Jessie

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 17:30:30 »
Snail, big hugs from me, pleased to hear you won't let them make you give up, sounds like you have created a fantastic site.

hawhaw

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 18:00:12 »
They'll get theirs. B@stards

Mubgrub

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 18:14:47 »
Hugs from me too, snail.  Keep your chin up, perhaps you can get some others on the site to volunteer for extra checks to increase the security?

Some people just have no respect.

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 18:25:03 »
Sooooooo sorry snail, words fail me, couldn't even begin to imagine how I would react in that situation  *shakes head in sorrow* ...wouldn't be any local developers showing an interest in the site by any chance ? .... nah , just my paranoia  ....     {:¬ (
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

delboy

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 18:51:33 »
Makes you want to leave paraquat in a half full brandy bottle..
The swine.

We've just been hit for the second time this year. They took the lock and hasp off my shed door this time. Scattered stuff about. Mindless.
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about?

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 20:23:11 »
This 'brave new lifestyle' of ours??

vee

• Acre
  • Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 22:53:38 »
So sorry to hear your news. You must be gutted but it's good you're not giving up otherwise these low lives have won. Thinking of you.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 23:15:27 »
It is really terrible when honest hardworking people cannot enjoy what they have created..The mind boggles. I have a large grass come lawn area at the side of my bungalow. I am not allowed to put a fence but I was allowed to put short posts with a rope looped between each post. Did it all properly ie metal thingies on bottom of posts (quite expensive) it looked quite neat. Then the kids started shredding the rope, have twice renewed it. Thursday I just arrived home and one of the kids was doing his best to break the rope and drag it through the posts. I shouted at him. BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE MOTHER WAS WALKING JUST IN FRONT AND DID'NT BAT AN EYE LID!!  As soon as my son gets a minute we are going to replace rope with straining wire (not nearly as nice looking) Oh well  what chance for the kids with parents like that. Lorna.

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 00:08:09 »
Sorry to hear that Snaily.  Charlie (partially blind,96 and on state pension only) had his seeds nicked today.  Also the cloches that he made himself from chicken wire with his knarly arthritic hands.  I could have killed the buggers.  He now has no seeds to plant and has to reply on a lift from a well meaning plottie to get more.  I hate people like that.   Grrrrr !!!!!
Get with the beat Baggy

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 00:41:44 »
I am so sorry to hear your news SS.  It is just so soul destroying when this happens, after all your hard work. It makes you sick! When you build  something good that is life enhancing to have people come along and destroy it, just knocks your faith in humanity, but you just can't let people like that win.  I do believe what goes around comes around, and they will get their commupance in the end.  Glad you aren't giving in, to do so would let those pathetic scraps win. Support and sympathy to you.  :( >:( busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 01:46:06 »
It's all been said, SS, so I can only repeat how sorry I am that this has happened to you.  We get so possessive of our lotties after all the work we put in there and so the hurt is even deeper than "normal" vandalism I feel.  Hope your sense of outrage carries you through and that nothing of this kind ever comes your way again.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 08:30:37 »
Baggy, that sucks! If you ask your elderly friend for a complete list of the seeds  he had stolen and pm me the list, I'll mail you replacements ( Fothergills/Johnsons ).

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 08:53:36 »
Very sorry to hear of all the mindless destruction SS.
It must be sole destroying to see all your efforts layed to waste.
Get the local paper involved with pictures of the damage, it might get more people keeping an eye on who/ whats going on down there.
keep fighting back.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal