Author Topic: Leaves  (Read 2139 times)

Vez1

• Half Acre
Leaves
« on: October 25, 2005, 12:51:08 »
i hahve just been out in our back garden collecting lots and lots of leaves. Now to all of us this will seem logical but I'm sure some of the neighbours must have been watching me with curiosity. We have an open plan back garden shared with lots of other blocks of flats, they will be convinced of my madness now. ;D

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Leaves
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 12:59:32 »
Ah but all will become clear when your garden is blooming far lovlier than theirs  :)  I have tonnes of leaves on the lawn at the mo which could do with collecting but it's too wet just yet
I came, I saw, I composted

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 13:19:57 »
I swept the street the other day - my OH got a bit worried what the neioghbours would say.

Yesterday, because it was too wet to dig, I went up the lottie to see what the leaves were like up there - got seven bin liners full of damp beech leaves and the trees are still full.  Also noticed that I seem to be the only one interested in the leaves as all the previous years leaf mould was still under the tree - so also scraped off the top layer and now have five barrow loads of well rotted leaf mould sitting where my broadies are going to be.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Vez1

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 13:26:28 »
i'm glad I am not the only one who is doing this. I will be back out tomorrow collecting more as there's lots of them.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 13:28:18 »
A massive pile of leaves goes to nothing very quickly so don't think you'll have too many  :)

delboy

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 15:08:10 »
And there was me, waiting for the nice Council peeps to sweep them all up and bag them, so all I would have to do is speed round in front of their truck and collect the bags... You all put me to shame... But I'm sticking to Plan A for now...
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 15:34:08 »
Yikes, the council don't even pick rubbish up where we live

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 23:02:51 »
Our flats are designed for leaf collecting. On windy days the leaves are blown into one corner in a huge pile, deep enough so that you can jump right in up to my waist - ahem! I mean your waist.

Half a dozen bin-liners later and Bob's your firkin.

Next day... same again!

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 12:14:10 »
That happens by my back door and I have to take care when I open it in the morning as the lot just teems in  :)

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 17:24:49 »
I sneak out under the cover of darkness and appropriate the leaves the council have sweeped and left by the road for collection ;D

My wife thinks I'm barking !!

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 18:12:34 »
13 bags and counting

ChrisH

• Quarter Acre
    • http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/enable/index.htm
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 21:32:15 »
I was thinking of doing this as I seen several areas on the way to work where the leave are on paths and the road side. Just not sure if this was appropriate or not as there are no were near the allotment or my house that I can collect leaves and want to try and make some this year ???

Do you think I should take some bags and a spade to work and collect them on the way home ?

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 22:01:49 »
I would - I have got over the looking silly bit.  You just cannot get enough - there is plenty out there it is time that is short so a get them when it is most convenient i.e. to and from work seems to be the best bet.

Have fun playing in the leaves  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal