Author Topic: another bat question  (Read 1494 times)

paranoid mandroid

• Quarter Acre
  • It's me!
    • 21st Century Good Life?
another bat question
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:38:33 »
i think this merits another thread cos its a different issue from the other bats thread.
i have bats in my roofspace which i am very happy about HOWEVER building work is due to start shortly and the the wall where they get in will be demolished. the laws in england, wales and scotland do not apply here in northern ireland, but i do want them to remain on my property.

how can i move them temporarily? are bat boxes the answer if i put them near the entrance they use?

basically i want them moved elsewhere in the garden please help. i emailed www.bats.org.uk but they didn't reply  :-\
Check out my blog. updated on wednesday 30th November 2005 you can say hello to my chickens ;D
http://21stcenturygoodlife.blogspot.com/

joji

• Hectare
Re: another bat question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 11:13:31 »
Give the R.S.P.C.A a ring they will give you a phone number of someone to contact in your area. :)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 23:03:19 »
There's no easy answer to this one. New timber is likely to be impregnated with chemicals which kill bats. Disturbing the roost may well lead to permanent abandonment. Get some local advice if you can.

paranoid mandroid

• Quarter Acre
  • It's me!
    • 21st Century Good Life?
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 11:19:03 »
the sad thing is that i think my house is the only one nearby (we're in the country) with bats in it. i might try to get them to use a bat box. i'll have to buy one first.
Check out my blog. updated on wednesday 30th November 2005 you can say hello to my chickens ;D
http://21stcenturygoodlife.blogspot.com/

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 11:58:33 »
I had bats in the loft for the last couple of years. Just had an extention built and they have disappeared. The work was no where near where they were I think it was probably that any disturbance can effect them. My daughter thinks they moved because of the noise and they couldnt get to sleep in the day??
Not bad for a 5yr old and she may be right.
Regards

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal