Author Topic: Guess what guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7317 times)

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
Re:Guess what guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2004, 07:58:58 »
The rest of the lotties - there are another 5 behind the tree - most aren't used - some are lawned
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

Pixie

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2004, 08:01:49 »
There are two lotties to the left of mine which are being used for veg  ;D cant really see them in this pic

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2004, 08:04:46 »
Well done Pixie and what a lovely place to have a Lottie set in beautiful Cornwall, you will be able to grow the more tender stuff down there too. 8)

Roy

Pixie

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2004, 08:20:02 »
Thanks Roy

Cant wait to see photos of your new lottie ;D I know I have a lot of work cut out for the autumn/winter just clearing, I hope your new plot has been tended to.

Sam

Pixie

• Acre
Re: Guess what guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 22:21:22 »
Well guys guess what - I cleared the lottie - I planted 10 tons of spuds (okay bit of overkill but loads!!) and as soon as I had planted more stuff the council had water tap problems and due to everyone else living in the terrace which backed on to it and most using them as turfed gardens they decided it was uneconomical to keep the water tap there as it would have been v. expensive etc and everyone else can use their own supply!! how depressing is that - the old chap whos lottie is next to mine offered for me to stay and use his water but bless him he is on a water meter and so I handed the lottie over to him which I think he was quite pleased about as he said that he had had his eye on it for a while but would never have cleared it on his own. Still visit but just to eat lunch - have put my name down for another lottie but is is much smaller ( last one was 10 x 100!) and lots of keen lottie people have them there but I will always be last on the list cos I'm still 'out of parish' area. Nevermind I can still dream!!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 22:25:04 by Pixie »

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 12:03:08 »
Pixie - what a blow  :(   Wish you all the best with getting another one asap.

Pixie

• Acre
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 13:03:01 »
Thanks guys - yeah i hope i get anotherone soon but there are 7 on the waiting list already and i will always be at the bottom being 'out of parish' an all.

Went to see old lottie today (murphys law isn't it - get a job where i can now walk to lottie and lose it!!) and visit during the begining bit of lunch and the old chap who took over has stored loads of the spuds in straw and packing boxes - interesting way of doing it I just used to sack them so i dont think we will be going short of spuds for a while - big bag next to me in library!!. I think he is quite happy and showed me his plans for next years planting there but he is a bit worried about the cost of the water so has put out extra drums for water and more guttering on his shed (my tin roof was ace for catching water) but I think he will have to rely heavily on his water meter.

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 15:45:02 »
Have to agree, keep pestering, I got very little joy on the telephone and went to the site last Monday and spoke to a couple of chaps, one of whom had 2 plots but was giving one up in April and then on Saturday I got offered the plot!!!  Rent free until April 2006!!!
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 18:42:31 »
Collecting gate key tomorrow - will go and have a look and what needs doing, I think a shed willl be first job cos I ve got onions, garlic and broad beans already planted at home and unless the weather improoves digging will be out of the question.

Pixie

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 13:19:31 »
Wow guess I will have to really start pestering - know the allocations office quite well now so will just pop in and say hi when passing a bit more i think - have also registered at another site in town - yes we have 2!!! but they are also full - have been down to see them down there and (dont know if good or bad  :-\) but they all look lovely and are obviously being used - have decided as they are bigger to see if any of the older (sorry not being agest just helpful and honest) wants a partner in crime to do some lifting and carrying etc and then I can learn from them too.

Well done Delilah  ;D  ;D  ;D I am really pleased there is very little that beats that feeling.  ;D

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 13:32:19 »
You go girl!!

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2005, 08:46:35 »
I wish you all the best wish your lottie, theres a lot of hard there!

Dan :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal