Author Topic: Dickys Farm  (Read 2151 times)

dicky

• Half Acre
Dickys Farm
« on: October 17, 2005, 22:39:56 »
Hi All,

I haven't posted anything for a while so i thought it was time i did.

I took over a lottie in August and have been slowly clearing it, it's only a half plot and wasn't in bad nick, all that is left to do is a bit of manuring and move some strawberry plants and then thats about it for the winter.

Theres a few pictures below and I'll be creating a blog soon for next year, enjoyed reading everyone elses.

Dicky

I have every thing between the water stand in the bottom right and the compost bin at tthe top left, 4 beds in total.

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Dickys Farm
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 23:13:51 »
well done Dicky - that's all so neat & tidy......where do you get that blue plastic sheeting from please?

presume you've dug the ground underneath and you're just keeping it covered until you need to use it?

H. P.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 09:41:14 »
That looks all very ship shape.  You're very handy for the water supply which is a big help.

I've got grass paths like that Dick but I get fed up of cutting it so I think they're doomed.

The blue plastic is sold in Wickes.  Great big sheets about £4.99  :)

My lotty looks like that but mine is just vast expanses of weeds covered up.  They've been covered since June 2004 so hopefully by next spring they'll be cleared.
I came, I saw, I composted

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 12:13:49 »
Nice to see the sun shining over Chelmsford!  Very organised Dicky and you are so lucky having a water supply!  Do you know what you are going to grow and where next year??

dicky

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 19:16:58 »
Hi

he plastic is a damp proof membrane for building donated by a friend. I need some more so i'll be off to wickes.

It's all been double dug under there and i've got half a bed to do.

Loads of plans to plant stuff next year, decied to wait until next year and start all at once.

i'm doing the blog now so you'll find it here.

http//www.dickysfarm.blogspot.com

hope you find it interesting.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal