Author Topic: New toy  (Read 8124 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: New toy
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2005, 20:45:28 »
......... the one I opted for was the Sony cybershot W7. Its not got a great magnification on the lens but it gives you a massive 7.2 megapixel image. I paid £211 for it,
DD

Wonderful pictures DD.  I am thinking of buying myself a digital camera and the one you have fits the bill.  Do you have a Opteka High Definition 10x Pro Macro Lens for it or were the photo's just taken with the 3 x magnification lens which comes as standard on the camera?  I don't know a lot about digital cameras but searched for Sony Cybershot W7 on E Bay and found the lens for sale.

I wonder if Santa will be good to me this year??  :)

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2005, 22:04:51 »
Hi Paulines7,
the macro images were taken with the standard camera in macro mode.
Bought it by recommendation myself and very pleased with the results.
I also own a digital SLR, but its too much to carry most of the time. The Sony W7 is really to use as a holiday and general purpose camera, needless to say have used it most of the time at the moment.
Hope to post some non macro photos asap.
DD

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2005, 21:57:01 »
Thanks for your reply DD.  The more I hear about this camera the more convinced I am that it is the one for me.  I would like to take close up pictures of some of the beautiful moths and other insects that frequent my garden.  I will have to pay my £10 then so I can share the pictures with everyone on this forum.   

Pauline

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal