Author Topic: hallowe'en  (Read 3518 times)

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
Re: halloween
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 15:33:46 »
I got one large & two medium sized 'big orange jobs' from farm shop on monday as didn't grow any myself - can't wait to carve them - no-one to help me though - certainly wouldn't trust my oh with carving knife :o ;D
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 22:46:57 »
If I'm truly honest, I get a little teensy bit possessive over the pumpkins and the carving! hee hee!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 08:40:36 »
There's an autumn plant fair I go to where kids can be entertained carving a pumpkin.  They pay €5, select a huge pumpkin and apron and proceed to remove the pulp after a helper has taken off the lid.   Then they choose a smiley face or a scarey face and have a go or get help depending on age.  Finally, they wash their paws and depart with pumpkin and candle.

So far, so good.  The trouble was that we put the thing on the front step but it collapsed after only a week or so.  Should we have baked it a bit to dry it and harden it?  There hasn't been any rain or frost to make it soggy.
Obxx - Vendée France

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2005, 09:32:30 »
Whilst I hate (with a passion) the whole thing about Halloween I can't but be impressed with the following site - pumpkin patterns.

http://www.carvingpumpkins.com/

I can see a carving competition come on ....
Always look on the bright side of life

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: hallowe'en
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2005, 18:00:55 »
I've done a few of the patterns that you can get in the supermarkets with the pumpkin carving kits,they are very effective.

I've fancied trying out my own design but I think it would end up naff.

The ones on that website are amazing though. Won't show my son because he'll want Spongebob and Scooby.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal