Poll

All photos submitted for the monthly contest should be anonymous until the winner has been voted on

Yes
29 (65.9%)
No
1 (2.3%)
Leave alone
8 (18.2%)
Dan's decision
5 (11.4%)
Dunno
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Anonymous photo's  (Read 12762 times)

Andy H

• Hectare
Re: Anonymous photo's
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 20:26:31 »
......posts unceased! ;D

Glyn says, more fun thats all.................

DD More interesting (but own choice at end of day)

adam tie between 2 then influenced........

DD Only HIS opinion, yes it IS, as is OURS as INDIVIDUALS.
      We would still be the voters for the photo......

Heldi "not interested what a pro thinks" For one it is not his job but a hobby ut rather good at it, but he couldnt MAKE me LIKE a photo that I didnt. He could however give an opinion which we are all free to do.

Heldi "I wont play anymore" then don`t.

Lottie  Not pro to judge, it is still us.

Maybe I will get him to ANONYMOUSLY enter a picture!!!!hehehe

would probably lose! Now watch you lot subconciously knowing it could be in the next month!!!!!
Or it could be a poor first time entrant with great photo getting zero votes cos you think he is the IMPOSTER!!!!!!

Personally I will still vote for MY favorite photo as I am sure we all do anyway. The grapes were a great photo but sadly this time, not MY favorite. Sorry EJ!!!! ;)

Sorry Heldi but I think that you, like have just done, went over the top a bit ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 20:40:56 »
Erm, can I come out from under the stairs now.....?  ;D ;)

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005, 20:46:20 »
Yep you can come out, its safe! This is a fun site :-X
All I said was,"I wonder.........."? shhhhhhhhhhhhh

undercarriage plan

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2005, 21:04:42 »
Phew! Thanks, is very dark and dusty in there....! But look!! Have found old gardening hat...wondered where I'd put that...Anyway, looking forward to next crop of pics, regardless of who, what, where, when, why, how. Mind you, have asked myself occasionally "How???"  ;D ;)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2005, 21:11:20 »
I haven't taken people's views out of context. Reading back it seems to me they were referring to the anonymous entries not about the expert viewing the photos.

Actually read what  DD said  and I think he is spot on.  

The competition is meant to be fun not a critique of peoples work.

The reason I take part and have done so every month whether I've got a good pic or a decidedly scrappy pic is to show good will and support for the competition.  The folks on this site voted me winner twice. That's more than enough opinion for me and very proud of it I am too.

If the competition changed with regards to introducing a professional/expert with their views about the pictures then the very essence of the competition will have changed.  It's innocence and its fun.  Therefore I'm quite at liberty to say I wouldn't be interested in it anymore, without being labelled childish.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2005, 21:28:43 »
Assuming that at some point I may actually post a picture here, then I have to agree with Heldi on this. I see this board as fun photos, and the technical quality is secondary to the novel content of the picture.

Of course, a professional would understand this, but it then takes it into a different realm, and would certainly remove the enjoyment for me, because all the pictures I take are rubbish anyway. Come to that, my allotment is rubbish too, but the old timers are amazed how I can lift dozens of monster size carrots and onions ... all grown naturally, without any chemicals.

So having contributed my happorth, and not voted ...

Bye ! ! !

Derekthefox :D

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2005, 21:52:39 »
I see this board as fun photos, and the technical quality is secondary to the novel content of the picture.

Agreed! I repeat, all I said was,"I wonder........"

natural curiosity thats all
an opinion thats all
all out of context thats all

no offence meant
just a comment on a post thats all

great site thats all
great photo`s thats all it is

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 22:19:33 »
"THAT'S ALL FOLKS"

;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 22:22:25 by Glyn »

Yellow Petals

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2005, 12:14:19 »
I like the idea of the competition being merely for fun and only viewed/voted upon by fellow members. 

I also like the idea of somebody on the private telling me how I might make my piccies turn out better.  I don't want to be a pro, but I do want better pictures.

Ergo I like BOTH ideas.

Andy, I'm up for your mateys opinion (I assume by PM so as not to upset the natives) although I only enter a piccie about twice a year, hehe.  Having said that, if I am entering a piccie and it's mine all mine, I don't mind your mates opinion coming onto the board either :) 

Sam

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2005, 17:53:21 »
I agree, I don`t want him telling me my favorite is rubbish but he MAY have a valid point that makes me go Hmmmmm?

My digital camera is ok but you can`t play around with it like the old clunky ones.

My thought was that we judge as usual and he just told me which he thought was best and we would all whizz back to the piccy and wonder why! Or maybe it was the one we picked amongst ourselves too!

We I won`t go on about it but I did email him the pics and will see him tonight at scuba club so will pm the results to those who wanted it and pm`ed me.

I may even put it on here as many have showed interest but this will be a ONE OFF because I can`t be bothered with all the fuss it has caused. :'(

Anyway, if my mate thinks the swan is rubbish then I won`t tell you all, if he thinks it is the best then I won`t tell you cos you will all shout FIX! :o  CON BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2005, 18:50:02 »
Everything gets so intense!

I'm locking this thread, as the results are in.

Next months competition will be anonymous (well as anonymous as it can be).

Look out for the entry details.

Dan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal