Poll

All photos submitted for the monthly contest should be anonymous until the winner has been voted on

Yes
29 (65.9%)
No
1 (2.3%)
Leave alone
8 (18.2%)
Dan's decision
5 (11.4%)
Dunno
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Anonymous photo's  (Read 12763 times)

TEL

• Hectare
Re: Anonymous photo's
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 20:36:48 »
whats the problem you vote for the pic not the person or have i got it wrong  :-\

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 20:42:07 »
whats the problem
No problem....It would just make it more fun that's all? ;D

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 21:30:49 »
So surely if you only vote on a picture not the person, it wouldn't matter if you new who took the photo. Makes no difference to me either way I always vote for my favourite image on first impression anyway. If it stands out from the rest its the best ;D
 I understand Glyn's point of view, it could make the comp even more intriguing as to the mystery photographer, delaying the name until the unveiling.
DD

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 21:52:26 »
Curious subject, yes it should be fun and it still is but I wonder if some subconcious thing happans to influence our vote, I wont list all the emotives but you never know, I really tried to vote for a good photo but then who am I to judge? I thought capturing the butterfly and dragonfly was quite a good "shutter speed" and the river of flowers caught my eye but then an easy photo if you didnt grow them yourself?
and the wooden board walk and funny skies etc. All good photos really.

I wonder if we could have a vote then another winner picked by an expert photographer???

I could ask one if he would judge each month along side the votes?

might help us to improve our skills even?

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 22:10:01 »
and the sky pic and the ballons and the kids in the water......
all have different meanings for us as individuals.
Apart from that........... :-X

The best photo from a photographers points of view may be different? :o

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2005, 01:07:15 »
but this to me seems a bit like the whole advertising th8ng. we all say we arnt really influenced by advertising but would the huge companies like coca cola really sped so much moeny on advertising if it didnt affect us.

i think although most of the time i twill be the pic, now and again if theres a tie between two pics we go for the one person we are most friendly with.

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2005, 09:05:52 »
Hi Andy H , but even if you did get an expert photographer to view the photos the results would still only be  his opinion. I don't agree with only one person having the say over the photos, I like the system where we all vote (if we want to) on what we like. Not experts, just ordinary people having a bit of fun displaying our photos for everyone to enjoy.
As far as improve our skills, I think the comments from our friends is enough to lift our heads and want us to try and do something better for the next monthly instalment.
As other people have commented it was just a bit of fun to show everyone you photos, not to be the next Ansel Adams.
Sorry about my rant.
DD

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2005, 09:20:28 »
Here, here DD ;D :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2005, 09:50:42 »
if theres a tie between two pics we go for the one person we are most friendly with.

~well that defeats the anonymous voting because as soon as our names appear at voting time we are back to square one again.
like most folk i vote for the one that really grabs me & not because i think i know the person who has taken the pic
it's just abit of fun guys ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 09:52:35 by GREENWIZARD »
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2005, 10:37:13 »
the person who sent the picture wotn appear til after the voting. so for voting i imagine the pictures will be like pic number 1, 2, 3 etc.

i do think that this could get very blown out of the window with photgraphers voting and everything. and as for the voting as i said i think we all try to go for the bext but sometimes do we get mislead to one photounintentially and subconciously.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2005, 00:38:37 »
Wish I had never added my 2p worth now :-\

It was only a suggestion and happen to know an expert photographer who see them in a different way to others, ie:the qualities that make a good photo in their eyes compared to ours.

It was also in ADDITION to our opinions too. Could be interesting.
(obviously not) :-X

maybe I can dig up some of his to see what you lot think?

I personally go for the photos that catch the eye and I like AND which are hard to capture pics, some are lucky timing and some are a good eye behind the lens of natural life. Some are emotive to us as individuals......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz enough said, as long as we all still enjoy others photos which I do, some great ones there.

ps:the swan was nice ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2005, 00:44:11 »
I mean mutant hobbit zero votes!

Great sky and angle

Tough choice who to vote for I thought.

My point being, I was just curious who a GOOD photographer would have voted for?

Some of the good photographers are you lot, no offense meant.

PS: he doesnt take veg photos! sorry!
Mainly underwater ones, macro wide angle etc.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2005, 09:58:23 »
Hey Andy, think any suggestions are good ones, I'd like to know what a professional thinks, purely out of curiosity and plain nosiness...I'm like that!! Express opinions freely, always like to hear new ideas!! I just think it sounds like a bit of fun, adds spice! Lottie  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2005, 08:54:56 »
Well then that's settled, anonymous photos it is.

Look out for the new entry procedure for next month.

Cheers

Dan

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2005, 18:10:45 »
I wouldn't be interested in knowing what a professional thinks. I think professionals and so called experts are blinded by their own science.  I would stop entering if such people became involved.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2005, 18:13:28 »
I won`t bother publishing the results then, just curious myself.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2005, 18:26:09 »
I don't think Andy means the Professional to judge, we do that don't we?? But I'd interested to know how to get a better pic, not just for here, but for every day pic taking.  You haven't seen my family pics!!Have lovely one of cat's tail.. ::) ::) ;D

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2005, 18:32:31 »
yeah we still judge, I was just curious of his opinion afterwards.
I took some while diving and to be honest, in the scheme of this my £135 camera is rubbish compared to others but he did like my dolphin photo. Not great quality but good shot(shhh it was lucky) but then thats what a lots of good shots are. Will try to find it.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2005, 19:20:27 »
If I wanted to find out how to improve my photography I'd take a course,read a photographic magazine,look it up on the net,read the camera instructions etc.

An expert viewing our  competiton would surely have to find something nice to say about everyones' picture so as not to upset anyone and spoil their enjoyment of a "fun" thing to do.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2005, 20:05:44 »
I'd take a course,read a photographic magazine,look it up on the net,
ask an expert?

This site is all about opinions so that of someone elses is just another one without people getting up on high horses, it is all but fun and curiosity.

I will keep answer to myself and those that PM`ed out of curiosity.

I will keep it in the adults only folder! :-X

Didn`t want to upset anyone on here but I mean how pathetic!!!
All I said was "I wonder what a pro would think"!

For that I get 3rd degree hung draw and quartered, keelhauled etc

Not that I give a dam really, just its stupid,thats all. enough said.

posts ceased.............

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal