Author Topic: BBC2 programme on allotments  (Read 36965 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: BBC2 programme on allotments
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2005, 18:16:58 »
They do all look very smart.  Glad the camera isn't on me when I am at mine in my work trousers, scuzzy old boots and filthy t-shirt!

My spinach is looking rather splendid Wardy.  Am rather impressed!  A late sowing and no bolting problems!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2005, 19:27:17 »
Blimey lippy in the shed! I don't wear make up unless I'm out on the razz but I guess you have to in Highgate.  Mind you if I had a plot in Highgate I'd be wearing lippy,a push up bra and yoga pants  :D

I know I'm obsessed. But....I don't care!

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2005, 21:33:28 »
Variety is the spice of life.. and this delightful documentary ? seems to have all the ingredients for an (organic) soap opera ... so many untutored/RADA trained characters that it could knock the Archers into a cocked hat ! ... provisional series names  .... Midsu(o)mmer Merders  ... The Dibber's Arms  ... One Foot In The Trench  ... The Good Strife  ...Green Fly: An ecological examination of Continental Air Travel .... and , last but not least ... Club Root  ... the next thing to Ibetha: have chemical enhancements reached the end of the road ?    {:¬)#
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2005, 23:21:59 »
Blimey lippy in the shed! I don't wear make up unless I'm out on the razz but I guess you have to in Highgate.  Mind you if I had a plot in Highgate I'd be wearing lippy,a push up bra and yoga pants  :D

I know I'm obsessed. But....I don't care!

I can't believe they have girlie stuff in sheds! agh! :o I don't leave anything in mine that I can't afford to lose thanks to the little wotsits. Currently there's 6X, seaweed meal, BF&B, comfrey liquid, pots, a chair with the middle missing, two buckets, a load of canes, a Tesco witches' broom,  some broom handles, a first aid kit, heaps of insect repellant and bite relief, a kettle, mug, washing up liquid and a saucepan.  Oh and decaff teabags!

No mirror and certainly no lipstick!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2005, 10:32:18 »
I have a massive shed. Inside it has lots of wood,a few tools, a potty and loads of chicken s h i t ...nice.  :D

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2005, 11:22:15 »
In our shed we have put a chemical toilet as the council hasn't provided us with one.  ::)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2005, 12:50:48 »
I cleverly managed to get distracted yesterday and forgot to put a tape in.  Can someone please tell me what the Welsh chap with the tennis balls did and also the biodynamic architect in Highgate?  I like their tips and tricks.
Obxx - Vendée France

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2005, 14:22:22 »
Thanks Wardy.  I've got the video set and a tape in for today and am looking forward to it.
Obxx - Vendée France

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2005, 14:41:13 »
So far I've watched episodes 1 and 2. I agree that Simon Mayo ought to buy himself a decent coat, he looks cold all the time!

I laughed at the producer chappie getting in a pickle with his bean canes, and not knowing how to use a petrol stimmer properly (don't fanny about, man, keep it going at full chat!). Great to see 'real' people gardening, rather than the usual 'gardeners world' mob with their perfect soil and pre-dug beds.

Oh, and he didn't answer his mobile phone as it was a call from the office - obviously he was bunking off work to be on the telly!  ;D

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2005, 15:38:56 »
It's 15'38 and no sign of 'The big Dig'!!

allotmanye

• Not So New ...
    • www.hoehoehoe@blogspot.com
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2005, 15:43:05 »
I am furious no Big Dig, no explanation just that it will be shown at a later date, tomorrow? next week?next year? and I am expected to pay £180 a year for this cxxp service. wish their was a suitable avatar to express my feelings. Will e-mail the BBC but don't hold out much hope for a reply.

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2005, 15:43:35 »
 Â  I know got meself settled mug o coffee in one hand ciggy in the other
 Â  then they announce it will be shown at a later date..... coffee about hit
 Â  ceiling.............cat about got kicked up the a*%e.... am miffed... I wonder
 Â  why they want to raise the fee when they bugger about with progs
 Â  like this...

Â                     Gonna make a complaint to BBC >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2005, 15:50:17 »
I've posted a thread on the BBC gardening TV boards.   If lots of you go and have a moan, they might listen.
Obxx - Vendée France

allotmanye

• Not So New ...
    • www.hoehoehoe@blogspot.com
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2005, 15:51:08 »
The weather was perfect on the lottie today, got a lot done but wanted to get home to see this. But   FLOG IT if you thought that Simon Mayo was smug just look at the bloke presenting this. Grrrrrrr

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2005, 15:51:47 »
Yeh i'm well gutted too. Ran in from school sorted boys out and sat down with my cup of tea to watch  'Flog it'   ??@@????  Not on!!!!

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2005, 15:57:20 »
If everyone goes and e-mails Points of view we might get an answer on there by Sunday on the programme.  >:(

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2005, 15:57:40 »
YIPEEEEEEEE I am tapeing FLOG IT!!!!!

Where the F*£% is The Big DIG?????

Why have they canceled it???

I set my timer this morning so I would not missit and left the channel on BBC2 on my freeview. Geeeeee all that to tape F&%$ing Flog It. I am not very happy Auntie BEEB!!!

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2005, 16:00:40 »
Why not email Radio 5 Live when Simon Mayo is on and ask him why they have pulled it?

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2005, 16:04:08 »
Has anyone got the link that we can complain to ?
Get with the beat Baggy

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2005, 16:05:26 »
You have not missed anything believe me, it was dire. The words which spring to mind include, dumbed down, patronising, bland, dull and those are the best things I could say about it!
Gardening is the great leveller.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal