Author Topic: Acquisition of several demijohns ...  (Read 5857 times)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: Acquisition of several demijohns ...
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 12:47:10 »
Or stand it in a cardboard box ...

Derekthefox :D

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 13:30:30 »
You could do some mead if you don't mind shelling out for the honey...  Mine is on the go at the mo'. :)  Just have to keep supping the bitter that I made, until it's ready. 15p a pint, 6% abv and tastes better than the Tesco crap I used to buy!  ;D
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 11:53:54 »
I have brought some more parsnips up to get another gallon going. I have just tasted the current demijohn of parsnip wine, it is truly awesome. The cane sugar has definitely given it a gorgeous flavour ...

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 12:29:52 »
Both parsnips and beetroot lend themselves to the `sherry` style.

I can`t find the recipe for beetroot but from memory it used dried apricots and grape concentrate as well.

Beetroot based wines can be very good but ,as with most, if not all vegetable based wines they need long maturation-three years for beetroot would be about the minimum.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 13:25:33 »
I decided to leave the beetroot, since otherwise I could be accused of crowding out our living room !!! Perhaps next year, although I think this parsnip could well be my favourite tipple for the winter and late nights ...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal