Author Topic: what have you got (pets)  (Read 17172 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: what have you got (pets)
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2005, 18:03:05 »
Aww, so glad Wardy!! Give him another button and a fond look for me... ;D
Lottie

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2005, 19:33:11 »
UC....... Must educate you... chocolate buttons are poison to dogs!!!!!!!!!Charlie always gave Elsa loads until I was told chocolate is poison. (must admit to sometimes still giving her one or two..no will power ;D)     

undercarriage plan

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2005, 19:48:38 »
OOOoooeeerrr Lorna!!! Hadn't a clue!!Oh Wardy!!! Am so sorry!!! :-\ Seems that it was my fault....hanging head in shame, no more buttons for Russ....erm jelly bean??  ??? Hope he's still feeling OK.. :-* for Russ..

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2005, 20:58:31 »
Human Chocolate is poisonus to dogs but there are ones called goodboy choc drops that are ok for dogs. ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2005, 21:04:17 »
joji. I tried them but the spoilt mutt only seems to like Cadburys Choc Buttons. She doesn't think much of me now that she only gets very occassional one!!!

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2005, 21:14:25 »
Just a little info for you Lorna :)

Chocolate

Chocolate contains an element which is toxic to dogs, called Theobromine. Even an ounce or two of chocolate can be lethal to a small dog (10 lbs. or less). Larger quantities of chocolate can poison or even kill a medium or large dog. Dark and unsweetened baking chocolates are especially dangerous. Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include: vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, hyperactivity and seizures. During many holidays such as Christmas, New Year's Day, Easter and Halloween, chocolate is often accessible to curious dogs, and in some cases, people unwittingly poison their dogs by offering them chocolate as a treat.

Yes I know it is shocking reading :(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2005, 21:44:58 »
Thanks joji. I must admit until I was told the husband would give Elsa buttons almost on demand. Maybe I should stop even the occasional one. I have told all my kids. they all have a dog.. Elsa is overweight as it is, she is 13kg (King Charles Cavalier)  she is only fed on boiled chicken (skinned) with  some complete diet biscuit.. I have even cut that down to try and reduce her weight a bit.

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2005, 21:57:56 »
Lorna just give her the chicken no biscuit. It is the biscuit that keeps the weight on. It is full of cereals which bulk the dog out anyway.It might say " diet" on the pack but dogs need fat in there diet just the right sort thats all. :) Give her the chicken with the skin on but no biscuit :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2005, 22:10:52 »
Thanks again joji.   Oh she really will get the hump with me now ;D The one thing I am strict about is she does not get titbits. I think some of it is lack of exercise. You may have read although we had dogs all our fifty years of marraige (Labs and German Shepherds) I am terrified of other dogs . I know it is pathetic. Lorna jnr usually does the walking but she has been so busy this last few months with extra hours and her promotion I am afraid the dogs have been a bit neglected. Not many long walks.. I wish I still had my old house.. could have walked her round and round the acre paddock!!

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2005, 22:28:08 »
Forgot to say don't boil it grill or roast it. She will eat it then :)

If you can live in the house with the dog then take her just up and down the road twice per day .She is only a small dog. I am sure she wouldn't hurt you :) If you do see another dog either just cross the road or turn round and go home :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2005, 22:38:39 »
Ah joji don't get me wrong, she loves her boiled chicken but I meant by reducing her meal (no complete food) So is boiled the best way? That is what the vet told me the way to cook it. If you don't mind I am sending you PM as you  have so much knowledge about dogs. Don't want to hijack this post for too long. Will PM tomorrow. Thanks Lorna.

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2005, 22:46:01 »
Do boiled one day then, roasted the next grilled the next. It doesn't matter how she has it. She just needs exercising as you have pointed out. Just give her a bit more chicken than you normally would.

Ok look forward to your PM:)

Will have to answer on the laptop though lol

We are off racing the dogs and have to set off tonight lol ;D

sid

• Half Acre
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2005, 15:03:20 »
i have a pond full of fish and a dumb dog called rockey

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2005, 16:34:30 »
A dog is only as dumb as the person who owns it Sid ;D

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2005, 10:56:28 »
Doesn't say much about me then.  My last dog was a total thicko.  All the looks but no brains at all.  He was just a huge loveable oaf that alway knocked things over with his tail or some such.  My cat is far more intelligent.  Probably more intelligent than me - at least he looks at you as though he is.
Get with the beat Baggy

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2005, 13:19:12 »
Thats fab Wardy :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2005, 14:17:11 »
From one pensioner to another I agree with him about the cold weather :) Having said that I hope I don't  have my mouth open when reclining on the sofa with Elsa. On the other hand one of the kids may creep in one day and take the same sort of pic. ;D ;D

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2006, 16:14:13 »
been away and this thred has gone mad

since i have been away i have two new doggies

a lurcher pup caled flyte

and meg a mixi blob off gun dog and staffi

glad to sea you all have lots off pets

waggi

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2006, 10:16:50 »
ready for this we have
5 fish all called nemo (2year olds idea )
1 hamster  called barney (after the  purple dinosaur)
1 dog called misty ( was my father in laws dog )
1 snake called sassy (did have one each for both my girls but Jake died)
1 rabbit called kiki (only had her for 6 days ) kik gave birth to 8 babies on the
13th march  iv now got 9 rabits
2 children
1 husband
1 brother
1 sister
the top list is easier to look after then the bottom list  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 22:26:29 by loulou »

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2006, 12:26:46 »
LOL @ 5 FISH CALLED NEMO  ;D At least you won't have any trouble finding at least ONE!

I've got:

2 dogs - Eddie the German Shepherd who was SUPPOSED to be half husky and Ben the sheepdog/alsatian/spaniel cross-thingy who belonged to my ex OH. He asked me to look after him for a week whilst he went on holiday and I refused to give him back .. in lieu 15 yr's worth of maintenance money  8)

1 cat - Morgan Trixiebelle Kadacoon, Maine Coon cat who has an aversion to rodent comestibles (thinking of asking for my money back!)

2 rats - Dierdre and Blanche

1 rabbit - Rita (can you see a pattern emerging here Coronation Street fans?)

3 chickens - my lovely ladies  :)

Last year I bought a state of the art aquarium with the idea of keeping fantail goldfish. They all karked it though. All that was left was one (of a shoal of 12) minnow. I think it thought it had died and gone to fish heaven ... a HUGE tank all to itself for 6 months. Not very entertaining to watch just one minnow swimming around though and I used to begrudge the electricity used on the tank light. It died ... voluntarily.

Alfie (my 3 yr old) is getting a donkey this year  ;D My mate has just bought a farm in Nth. Wales and it's going to live there! And I want a goat ... in the back yard!
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal