Author Topic: companion planting onions  (Read 1439 times)

suzylou

• Half Acre
companion planting onions
« on: September 29, 2005, 16:16:05 »
So having located my onion sets, I need to get them in the ground somewhere and I don't have much room!

I am going to put most of them in the bed where the others are - there are also peas and spinach in this bed but I'm not TOO worried if I lose them.

However, where else can the onions go?  I could intercrop them with potatoes, but I guess they won't get much light, or with my brassicas....or I can get digging..... :o

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
Re: companion planting onions
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 16:30:10 »
Hello - Did you go and get them from syon?

Looking in the book they come under other and grow with aubergine, bean, capsicum, celeriac, celery, cucumber, leaf beet, leek, lettuce, marrow, pea, spinach, sweetcorn, tomato. I know that not everything would be growing now but they will be with the right group.

RR

suzylou

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 16:39:27 »
No, I found the ones I thought had been stolen  :D

sounds like they will be fine in my "spare" bed at least....I think I'll try to squeeze as many as I can in there tonight, then dig some more space for them at the weekend.

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 16:49:16 »
I'm all excited for Sunday as we might start digging out allotment over then I have onion sets to go in. I wanted some potatoes but no-one is selling them yet. :(

suzylou

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 16:55:24 »
T&M are doing a special, take a look at the "Sarpo spuds" thread which has been active today, I think bupster posted the link

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 17:22:04 »
Put them in where you intend to put autumn carrots or spring carrots.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal