Author Topic: pics off your doggys  (Read 5298 times)

joji

• Hectare
Re: pics off your doggys
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 11:14:00 »
2 of our huskies are 12 this year they can live to at least 17 years which is quite a long time for a large dog. :)

This is snuffles.This is her "people watching " place :)

It is raining today and she won't move from here she hates the rain. Doesn't mind getting covred in mud if we take her to the lottie.

We have 8 rescue dogs wardy. :)

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 12:32:05 »
Yes encyclopedias are good, seeing real ones is better.

Ours was described in the encyclopedia as lively and fun loving.  When we first took him to dog training the trainer took one look and said "oh god a flat coat this is going to take a long time".

We got a goregeous dog from a rescue centre about 2 years ago.  The centre described him as very affectionate but boisterous.  He was very soft and adorable, a collie X staffordshire.

Within 3 weeks anyone who even came close to us whilst we were out and he would go for them, he became completely unmanageable.  We spoke to the the rescue centre and it transpired that they had tried to home him 3 times and each time he had attacked after a few weeks.  Nice of them to tell us this!  He had to go back.
Best laid plans and all that

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 13:39:41 »
Snuffles is gorgeous joji - a good watchdog by the look of it :)

How did Ralf get on with his training Adrian?  Don't believe it that they can be difficult to train.  My Bobbie was one of the best in the class, winning 1st prizes for obedience and Busby is really intelligent.  Just because they are boisterous and fun-loving doesn't mean that they are untrainable.

Lovely selection of dogs piccies here - keep them coming :D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 15:07:55 »
His training was a nightmare BUT he was very young (about 6 months).

The trainer, a redoubtable indomitable "two fat ladies" type almost despaired!  She did say that if he meets other dogs he will probably never come back to us, and she was right.

Other than that around the house he is very well behaved, just very excitable.

Of course I wouldnt change him for the world but if just once he didnt embarass me it would be nice....
Best laid plans and all that

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2005, 15:46:14 »

Whenever l look on this thread it always brings a smile to my face.................they are all gorgeous.

Had to laugh at Snuffles ......ready for action....not LOL! she is very pretty  :-*

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2005, 16:09:19 »
Thanks guys  :)

Yes she is as cheeky as she looks  ;D

This is Badger her brother.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2005, 17:43:09 »
Wardy I think you and I should PM each other as we both seem to have "problem" dogs/ Say it softly otherwise we will be in trouble. I have read your posts about your JR. Elsa is the most loving dog to all the family, loves the kids BUT she is so territorial if I go outside the front door with her and somebody walks past she just goes mad, barking and growling. I f I have friends come for a couple of hours she has to be put in the car , she is quite happy to be in there. She just will not stop barking and growling at visitors. Have tried every thing!! Yet when she is taken for a walk once she is a 100yds up the road she doesn't take notice of people, cycles, other dogs etc. As I have said just so flipping territorial but I love her. Funnily enough if people come who she met when she was a pup she is fine. Takes all sorts ;D  Lorna.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2005, 21:10:48 »
Wardy. WELL!! There were times in my 50years of marraige that I probably thought more of my beautiful lab than I did of the old man ;D ;D ;D No I haven't seen that programme, is it on every week? I spend too much time on here and don't watch too much TV these days

anneski

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2005, 19:03:18 »
So many beautiful doglets! Well, I've always had colliewobbles but for the first time am without one  :'( 
I lost my old lad, Dixie, in August last year and still miss him. I had him from 6 months old when he was seen to be thrown from a car on a main road near here - he was my love  :) This was him

However..... I do have a pair of pointies. This is Willow, who we've had for 5 years. She was a stray who's 7 days were up so we took her. She was in a pound up in Hull, an area of the country where it seems to be difficult to home pointy dogs generally.  AS you can see, she likes her home comforts! We are 99% sure she's whippet x greyhound.

And this is Eddie the elderly... found starved almost to death last year and with kennel cough, mange and a secondary infection. He was judged to be around 13 by the vet, and wasn't expected to survive. This was him then...

and now...

and him and Wills together....

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2005, 10:48:14 »
What lovely dogs anneski and what a heartwarming story of Eddie.  How lucky was he to find a good home like yours.  I love to see them running free, lovely photos :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 15:50:31 »
 Cassiopia Furburger Pants von Vilderbeast the 2nd.  To give her her proper title.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2005, 11:24:07 »
you wouldn't say that if you saw her grazing on the lawn  lol

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2005, 22:03:34 »
anaski are you on dog pages

just think i have seen the pics before

waggi

anneski

• Not So New ...
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2005, 13:12:11 »
anaski are you on dog pages

just think i have seen the pics before

waggi

Yep, I'm on DP, and SOL, and Gap..... I get around, lol!

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2005, 09:29:48 »
Thanks everyone for these beautiful pictures !  I absolutely adore doggies.  ;D :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Steven

• Quarter Acre
  • Heaven or hell..?
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2005, 19:41:37 »
This is a picture of my 1 1/2 year old Bullmastiff called 'Vegas'.I got him from my local rehoming shelter a few months ago and is quite a bouncy boy!

This is a picture of Abe,my very very sorely missed Rottweiler who died back in May of a stomach tumour at only 6 years old.He was a true gentle giant who absolutely adored people-especially children.I still miss him. :'(
Talk to the elbow-its got a point

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal