Author Topic: Sunday Night TV  (Read 3537 times)

pntalbot

• Half Acre
Sunday Night TV
« on: September 11, 2005, 21:51:21 »
Got SKY Tv costing £42.50 a month and there is still rubbish on Sunday Nights.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Sunday Night TV
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 22:55:59 »
The kids have tried to get me to have it many times. I won't pay for it.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 22:56:06 »
;D I returned a "Freeview box back to Argos recently that was faulty and asked for an exchange, the assistant said "I'll give you your money back on this occasion only, but cannot give you an exchange as our 16 day return policy does not cover these box's", when I asked why she said " Because people buy them, record their favorite programme and return them for a refund", :o Ha! I said "What in the World could be worth recording on "Freeview" they are all old repeat programmes" So I bought a replacement from "Asda" that has a much better policy, if faulty within 12 months return for a refund or replacement, no hassle. :P

Plug over and out. ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 00:09:48 »
But but but.....Heartbeat is back on!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 10:59:17 »
We recently cancelled our digital tv subscription. Now watch only GW each week (although I'm thinking about giving up on that too!) TV is rubbish.

Instead spend our time talking, watching good films, listening to music, the radio, being creative, etc. Much better - feel like we have more time!
gone to pot :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 11:15:58 »
Haven't found anything on box recently that's worth sitting down for, like Aqui spend alot of time listening to radio, on lottie, at work, trying new recipes with no success, child-baiting, and so on....Have actually stopped watching GW, never thought the day would come, but unless something specific, just lose interest, no idea why really. Lottie ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 12:13:04 »
Watched footsteps in the snow with Caroline Quentin last night, thought it was a wonderful story and made me feel lucky to be able to walk myself to bed. 
But I would actually rather have the TV off and the music on! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 16:25:33 »
i think telly is terrible not worth watching at all , not a telly person would not worry me if i did nit have a telly , but i do like to watch a good dvd .

pntalbot i had same sky package as you ,had it cut off as nobody in the house was watching it, sky rang me up couple weeks ago and offered me same package for £10.50 a month things they will do to get customers back

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 16:48:40 »
I too have cut our sky back to the basic family package....can't say I have noticed a difference but the kids winge no Disney channel! ;D
Of course my favorite food and gardening shows are still included ;)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Maddy

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 17:21:14 »
I watch CSI Miami and Horizon...and that's it. Explains why I spend so much time here I suppose  :)

M.

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 07:27:56 »
i think telly is terrible not worth watching at all , not a telly person would not worry me if i did nit have a telly , but i do like to watch a good dvd .

pntalbot i had same sky package as you ,had it cut off as nobody in the house was watching it, sky rang me up couple weeks ago and offered me same package for £10.50 a month things they will do to get customers back

Interested to hear if you've seen any good DVD's recently. worth purchasing.

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 11:18:24 »
yes vony depending on what sort of films you like , i watch wedding crashers the another night found it very funny , and one for the kids, are we there yet funny to, wedding date funny and romantic , cant really say have watch a good dvd for a while that you can say was an excellent film , my son watch the longest yard at the pictures couple nights ago and he say it was hilarious,

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 20:48:11 »
and there is still rubbish on Sunday Nights.

Well watch it monday instead a far better selection including Deadwood.  Try using the audio channels and listen to digital radio like oneword and bbc 7. I have really got hooked on  them. I will have to get a dab radio for work.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 20:55:48 »
;D One definitely worth watching IMO is "Dragons Den" a new series coming soon on BBC2 ;D

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 09:01:08 »
Just stick to The Archers!

Hopefully some better telly with Autumn upon us.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 09:16:43 »
OK, retracting previous statement!! Waking the Dead is starting up again, loved that, or is cos Trevor Eve's in it......ah Shoestring.....!!! ;D Lottie

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 09:25:28 »
 8)
.....and then there is "Spooks" the new series!!! Implausible rubbish.....but I love it!!

;D

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 19:18:57 »
Hi Katynewbie, yes i like SPOOKS, did u try the test, good fun, look on the bbc web site and give it a go,
have fun
windy :D
my allotment
heaven

undercarriage plan

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 19:58:41 »
Oooooo Wardy!  :o :o :o  ;)

SueM

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 15:50:10 »
Just caught up with this one. We tried Freeview, but discovered that in our area it won't work on an indoor arial, even with a signal booster, and we don't have an external one.  I'd be quite happy to ditch the telly too, but OH finds at least three things every evening he wants to watch, so no hope.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal