Author Topic: Nother newbie  (Read 9690 times)

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
Re: Nother newbie
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2005, 09:09:09 »
Hi there

I m relatively new to this infectious growing hobby which is about to take over my life also very new to techno computer stuff so forgive any mistakes I may make.

Have been viewing site for a short while and you all seem a friendly bunch!!!!!!!!
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2005, 09:46:18 »
Reedos   My OH is having a day off to help me in the house and has started by cleaning out his outbuilding and putting all the stuff either in the house or in the dustbin.  He threw out my inco pads (well not mine) but they are big sheets for folks who wet the bed but I use em for capilliary matting and to keep frost off stuff, to line my car boot when I've got bags of leaky manure in the car

A host of uses and I found a bag full in the bottom of the dustbin.  Such a throwaway society we live in today  ;D  Tsk
I came, I saw, I composted

Petra

• Not So New ...
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2005, 18:51:21 »
 :D :D Hurray!!
Finally took posession today!! Went and paid my fees and was offered a different plot, much nearer to the all the amenities (loos, tool sheds, meeting shed etc). Its in a much better condition than the original one and I spent a good afternoon there today digging with my 8 year old. We dug over the front 3ft that is used as a flower bed and she put in some daffies. Am revising the original plans I made and am really excited about it all. Have got some onion sets and am after garlic and broad beans next I think. Anything else we can try at this time of year?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2005, 19:19:22 »
Yes and there are loads of ideas on A4A here and there - all recent posts :)
I came, I saw, I composted

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2005, 21:27:14 »
Loos what kind of posh allotment is that ??? We just have to hang onto it or use the compost heap  ;D ;D

Welcome aboard

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal