Produce > Edible Plants

garlic

(1/3) > >>

campanula:
I am hoping to get some garlic planted (have done overwintering onions) in my nice new raised beds - new plot so desperate to plant something/anything.
Do I need to use 'special' garlic. Can I just split bulbs from Sainsburys? Should I be looking to get a particular type?
Also, my strawberries have arrived - temporarily put in pots of compost. Should I be doing anything apart from planting - should i put a cloche up?
Gods, and raspberries too - in fact all the bulbs I ordered, and the seed catalogues and my soft fruits all arrived on the same day! Flap and Panic (if my teenager uses the word 'chill' again, I will beat him to death!
All advice welcome

Palefire:
You'll probably find the Care For Onions and Garlic thread lower down of great interest for your garlic, Campanula.

Love, Palefire

xxx

campanula:
Pale fire, I know I am being simple but lower down where?

budgiebreeder:
Lower down the Notice Board we discussed planting Garlic

Mrs Ava:
As for your strawbs, well, mine are just in and left to their own devices.  I checked out everyone elses on the site, and they are just all there, doing their thing.   If your rasps are bare rooted, then you need to 'heel' them in until you are ready to get them planted, so in other words, just cover the roots with damp compost.  Again, these are hardy and will stay in all the time, so I figure, once in, leave them to it, altho I seem to think you should prune the rasps back once planted.......  sorry, hope this total lack of information helps!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version