Author Topic: RSPCA to the rescue  (Read 1970 times)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
RSPCA to the rescue
« on: September 09, 2005, 23:34:51 »
Last weekend when I was cycling to the lottie I came across a fox on the allotments.

She had been shot, with a single air-gun pellet, through the hip area.  She could only drag her hind legs.

She had been like it for quite some time, she was too weak to run away, simply stayed by the water but.  The smell was frightful and she was covered with fly eggs and all things revolting. 

I called the RSPCA and I was delighted when they came out on a sunday within an hour, and I am pleased to say that they put the fox to sleep.

I have to say I find it quite savage that anyone could do that to any kind of an animal and leave it to suffer.  The misery and suffering that this animal went through has to have been quite unjustified.

Some people are quite unbelievable.

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

wardy

• Hectare
Re: RSPCA to the rescue
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 09:18:29 »
It would have really upset me  :'(   So awful to thing of the poor thing suffering in such a horrible way.  Words fail me  :'(
I came, I saw, I composted

pansy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 21:14:18 »
Oh my, that's really awful. What a good job you saw it, and the poor thing was put out of it's misery. It really makes you wonder about the state of some peoples mind, doesn't it.

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 21:22:24 »
Poor fox  some peeps are so sad and sick , how could any body harm such a lovely creature and leave it in such a mess suffering,

A fox attack my cat going back a few months ago and thankfully the cat was fine but i would not wish any harm on any animal

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 22:01:32 »
I remember sitting in the local Vietnamese in town a year or two back, and someone walked past with a fox on a lead. How many people would be sick enough to shoot somebody's dog like that?If you must control foxes, and obviously there are arguments for it, use something which is going to kill them straight off.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 18:45:33 »
Very sadly I think the damage was done by a youngster with a air rifle.  They are SO easy to come by these days.

Indisciminate shooting, with NO parental guidance. :(
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 22:29:14 »
how could any body harm such a lovely creature
                                    "MAYBE THE HUNT"

« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 22:36:29 by Glyn »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal