Author Topic: white tomato plants  (Read 1372 times)

minx

• Not So New ...
white tomato plants
« on: September 13, 2005, 14:18:37 »
Hi I'm very new to growing stuff so need a lot of help!  I have a small greenhouse (B & Q £50 type) and have 2 pots of white tomatoes growing, bought them as small plants. They have loads of leaves and a few flower, and are about 3.5 feet high.  Should I expect to have tomatoes or do you think its gettin too late?  Any advice at all would be very welcome.

thanks

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: white tomato plants
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 19:00:40 »
I would think if you haven't any toms on the plants yet, it is rather late, unless of course you are able to provide winter heat, and maybe a little extra light in the greenhouse.

My greenhouse plants have all been pulled out now, except for one cutting which is growing fast and has it's first truss of flowers.....this is an experiment I hasten to add!

Welcome by the way!  ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 08:48:57 »
Shame, because white toms are delicious!

minx

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 22:14:04 »
oh well!, never heard of white tomatoes till I saw them on ebay.  I'll leave them and see if anything happens, thanks for the info.

I've got some black cherry tomato seeds, when's the best time to sow them please? 

thank you

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 23:16:26 »
February 2006

minx

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 08:42:39 »
oops, just read my previous reply and it doesn't read the way I meant it to sound...sorry.   what I trying to say was I'd never heard of white tomatoes till I saw them on ebay, and I would just leave them to see what happens.  The Oh Well was a disappointed one cos I don't think anything will happen lol.

Sorry if the original message sounded a bit sarcastic...really wasn't meant that way at all.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal