Author Topic: A little bit of cheer  (Read 1976 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
A little bit of cheer
« on: September 11, 2005, 16:26:48 »
Hi everyone.  The weather is really dull and miserable here and if it is the same where you are then I hope these snaps I've just taken cheer you up a bit.  They did me.   :)

G xx

Evening Primrose

Garlic chives

Nastertium

Morning Glory

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: A little bit of cheer
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 16:41:17 »
All beautiful Georgie,  It does cheer you up to see  those lovely bright colours.  :)  busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 20:43:20 »
Absolutely gorgeous Georgie !  ;D ;D :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 21:00:09 »
Great pics Georgie.  Lovely coloured nasturtium and I love evening primroses.  I'm really lucky to have quite a few on the lottie I took on about 3 weeks ago.

MM

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 22:06:37 »
Hi Georgie. After a very hectic (enjoyable) weekend I am just catching up on posts. Lovely pics, I love the evening primrose.  Lorna.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 22:19:16 »
Thanks everyone.  Lorna, hope you had a good time?  Is that a seed order then?  ;)

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 23:08:46 »
Georgie, Oh I hope my post didn't sound like begging BUT I really do think it is lovely. Short note in post to thank you for what you have already done for me.. I just don't know how all the kids and grandchildren kept Sat such a secret from me. I thought I was going out for a meal with Lorna jnr it turned out to be a birthday party for me . 50 relatives and friends, some from Devon. Kent. Malvern. It was very emotional for me but after  my son-in-law kept topping my glass I was relaxed.!! In fact I managed to press the "lock" button on the car and locked every one out..keys were still in car. Grandson shouting lift the button Nan. I just kept waving out the window and saying BYEEEEEEEE. Just have got to admit I was slightly(?) one (or maybe a few) over the eight. Lorna.

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 15:48:41 »
lovely pics G  very crisp and colourfull  :) :) :) :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 16:24:30 »
Oh Lorna, your post did make me laugh.  A surprise brithday party is lovely and I'm glad you had such a good time. 

Of course I didn't think you were hinting.  I offered Evening Primrose seeds a couple of weeks back in the Swap Shop but there was not much take up.  So I'll pop some in the post if you like.  They open at dusk and smell heavenly in the evening although I must warn you they are not particularly atttractive during the day.

G xx

undercarriage plan

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 17:40:00 »
Lovely pics G, did you enter any in competition? If not should have done, they're excellent! Lottie  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 17:46:26 »
Georgie yes please.. I did see your post on swap but as you know I don't have anything to swap. When I get sorted going to try and post  couple of pics of party.. I must make excuse for my one over the eight,as I thought I was going for a meal I didn't hardly eat anything, when I got to the hall the kids had put a super spread on but I was so excited that I couldn't eat. My son-in-law told me I drank a bottle of brandy, I suppose there was nothing to soak it up ::) I can only say one of the best nights of my life. Lorna.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 17:50:41 »
Thanks Dibber and Lottie.   ;D  But Lottie, they were taken in September  ???  :P :D  Last time I entered I got nil points so was rather disheartened.   :'(

Ok Lorna, they will be in the post soon.  A bottle of brandy?  What are you like?   ;)

G xx

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 21:27:06 »
Lorna, hope you had a terrific birthday !

;D :D ;)
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 22:14:12 »
Hey Georgie, don't give up on the competition. If at first you don't succeed..... You know the rest. I get very few votes in the competition but I don't give up, one of these days I will have the best picture.

I like your Garlic Chives picture. BTW, didn't see your post offering Evening Primrose seed, do you have any left?

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 22:23:16 »
Aww, Twospot, that's really kind of you to encourage me, ty.  Ok, with you and Lottie nagging me (;)) I will post in the September comp ok, but I'm expecting at leat two votes.   ;D

Ah, the Evening Primrose.  Can still gather plenty of seed but I've rather stupidly passed on the growing instructions (on the original packet) to someone else.  I've just sent a PM to that poster in the hope she's happy to help Lorna out.  If you still want some, send me a PM.

G xx

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 22:31:46 »
big cheer G ;D

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal