Author Topic: Big Grrrrrrr  (Read 17877 times)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
Re: Big Grrrrrrr
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 19:42:25 »
i should think you did not have any friends , dont think i would have gone anywhere near your house with a granadad  like that  ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 19:54:41 »
He told my dad that "He was the last bloody thing he wanted to see on a stormy night!"  Was a real sweetheart, we were never allowed to sit on his lap  :'( when I got ready for my first ever disco, at the tender age of 14, came down stairs, all excited, thinking I looked the bees knees, his comment? " God, that's a bloody big spot you've got on your nose......" LOL! Hence very thick skin, and determination, at any cost, to see best in peeps!! They can't possibly be as bad as he was!! Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2005, 13:01:01 »
sorry lottie i know that was a horrible thing to say to you , but i did make me laugh , some peeps are not very tackfull , must have  affected you for years

undercarriage plan

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2005, 15:13:33 »
Oh Dibs! Cos not! They were his failings not mine, I have my own to work on!!! He was a very hard man, but please don't get wrong idea, I had wonderful time growing up, water off a duck's back, really. Anyway, rest of my family lovely, other Grandfather mad as a hatter, we were very close. So no sob story here, promise. Lottie  ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2005, 16:12:44 »
THat sounds quite exciting in its own way Wardy but nearly as good as Lotties excuse for having no friends lolol   ;) ;D
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2005, 23:37:43 »
I am prepared to use this lettuce, you know..... :o :o :o Wardy, I was also very sad child, as in I use to love watching my mum gut the pheasants etc, can remember getting really cross if I missed the part where she took out it's stomach!!!! Have "grown" since then...happy to buy without gory side show now!!! Though your father-in-law wins hands down...ewwwww  :P! You must have been in love! Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2005, 11:50:38 »
Icy what a thing to say you know lottie has loads of friends  ::) ::) ::) ::) bit worried about you lottie with the phesant stomach bit  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2005, 17:04:05 »
Thanks for the laugh girls...now its yourvturn to laugh at me.

My father-in-law (although he died before we actually got married) was a cross between delboy and Jack the lad..a motor trader been around the block, hard as nails, brash all the things designed to frighten you to death when going out with his eldest daughter.

I decided that I was going to do the right thing and ask him if I could marry his daughter...I did.

To say the silence was deafening was an understatement..... No one could remember him so speachless.
He did agree and the rest is History

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2005, 15:17:27 »
Awwww, that's sweet and romantic. You're very brave then, Derek. I don't even remember getting a proposal  :'( :'( :'(, just remember hanging out washing, going to registry office, getting married, pub lunch, then ironing.. ??? ??? ??? Lottie  ;)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2005, 22:34:11 »
Proposal was funny sort of!   I did so on wifey's b'day but cos of the ring and dinner couldn't afford a present as well.  To cut a long story short she wouldnlt even sit on the same train carraige as me due to me pretending I had forgotten and then joking about squeezing in some time to go to Pizza hut.

What she didn't know until later was that I booked an exclusive little Italian restaurant, organised a magnum of champagne and had the ring in my pocket!   Half way through meal I had a arranged for the champagne and went down on one knee.  Well you know what she said but initially it was "get up, you're embarrassing me!".   ::)   I wouldn't got an answer and we had the main course as an engaged couple.

Everyone cheered and clapped as we left (well all other 10 tables anyway) and made her feel realy special asking to the see the ring etc.

One of those really frosty clear December nights and even a fair in progress.   We still have a now very large cactus that was bought at about 2" high as it had red flowers - we couldn't find anyone selling roses lol

One of those nights that will stay in memory for ever.  There well others but not going into them here!!!  ;) ;D
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2005, 09:15:44 »
That is excellent Icy, and blokes are criticised for not being romantic eh?
My proposal was on my wife's 21st birthday, massive party at a large hotel, loads of family and guests. Halfway through the evening, I dragged her into the reception. She was worried that I was upset, and everyone was curious, gossiping and watching through the glass screens, as I went down on my knee, holding her hand. Then the party really started! That was 28 years ago and it still brings a tear.

Derekthefox :D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2005, 09:16:53 »
You big soft 'apeth you  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2005, 09:34:12 »
I wouldn't know how to be hard if I tried ...

Derekthefox :D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2005, 11:54:48 »
ohhh Icy you romantic that is a lovely story ,  ;) ;) ;) my oh done nothing like that in fact he did not even propose , i had to ask him or i don't think he would have ever asked , but 17 years on and we are still very happy , glad i popped the question  ;D ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2005, 13:04:41 »
I'm still trying to work out what happened.... ??? Been lovely since we got married, but still scratching head as to how? LOL!! Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2005, 16:23:47 »
so did you just wake up one morning with a ring on your finger lottie  :o :o :o

undercarriage plan

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2005, 16:42:11 »
Bit more than a ring, Dibs......I was 7 months pregnant with child no 4 when I got hitched... :o :o :o I didn't so much  glide up the aisle, as waddled......in purple....no DMs on that day, I hasten to add.. ;D ;D ;D Lottie

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2005, 22:15:24 »
you should have not broke the tradition and wore your DMs could have got some white glittery ones  ;D ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2005, 09:35:28 »
If only I'd have know you then, Dibs!! With your wonderful fashion sense, I bet you'd have made me look erm....wonderful     ::) ::) ::) Or something similar!!!  ;)Lottie

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2005, 14:58:48 »
it would have been the wedding of the century , lottie would have gone down in histroy , ;D ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal