Author Topic: Big Grrrrrrr  (Read 17857 times)

daveandtara

• Acre
Re: Big Grrrrrrr
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 09:38:04 »
blimey!
i can't believe someone complained! i'm a complete towny so don't understand, i would assume that if it's your dad's land it's no-one else's business what you do on it.
while my chosen response would be to  say f***k 'em all, p'raps you could say that it's part of an experiment to test the viability of 'sustainable, organic farming' lots of councils seem sympathic to that sort of thing nowadays.
however, if you do decide to protest, sit in, wave placards and stuff me and dave will definately be pleased to come and join you!
good kuck mate, keep us posted
Tara xx

undercarriage plan

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2005, 12:53:15 »
Awwww thanks all!! Had bit of good news, but sitting on it til council visit!!! Had call last night, my wonderful Dad had been on line. Seems the "complainant" didn't realize it was farmland.....as it is designated for agriculture, can have as many PTs as I like ( was thinking 50???), an orchard, a nursery, farm shop......thought I'd wait til little man came round, before telling him  ;)...! You'd think they'd find this out first!!! You've all been wonderful, and if I need any help, esp in spending that grant, Wardy  :o :o :o! Will know where to come! Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2005, 14:07:01 »
That definitely sounds like good news. We all have enough problems in life without the anxieties that accompany something like this.

I am pleased for you

Derekthefox :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 14:38:56 »
Thanks! Will post on how annoyed little man from council is, when he realizes he's wasted his time...... ;D Lottie

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 15:40:19 »
REALLY good news lottie so pleased for you ,you want have to have the soggy lettuce ready to throw at the council man , good luck on building lottie,s bit of heaven  :) :) :)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005, 16:52:29 »
But of course, we fail to understand, they are not 'wasting their time', but doing an essential and very responsible job maintaining civic standards for the benefit of everyone.

Did you like the way I managed to say that without even smiling ...

You nearly believed me for a second there, didn't you, ha ha ha  ;D ;D ;D

The sad thing is, I actually work with a lot of people like this now, so I just let them get on with it ...

Life is too short ... hmmm read that somewhere else ...

ha haha

Derekthefox :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005, 17:22:57 »
Awwww Dibs! You visited!!LOL! Am working on thick farmer's daughter impression as we speak!! Think blank, unblinking stare should suffice, 15 mins late, all kids in tow + some borrowed ones, minor emergency whilst out there, more delay, perhaps few well placed tears, then intelligent summing up, with smile and free marrow? Lottie  ;D

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2005, 19:17:20 »
Come on lottie ...play fair....the poor little fellas only trying to do his job

Flutter your eyelashes at him and get him in a 'real' tizzy  ;D

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2005, 22:00:31 »
LOL!! Flutter my eye lashes!!  ::) ::) ::)I'll have you know, I'll rely on wit, intelligence, sparkling personality, though guess I'm buggered if dad out.......I know, Derek, he has his job to do.........just wanting him to get cross with noggin who complained in first place!! Willl be good, promise......maybe......probably!!   ;) Lottie

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 07:25:53 »
I have spent the last heaven knows how many years trying to find the school/college where females go to learn how to manipulate us poor men.  ;D

I did ask an elderly lady customer once...she was a retired headmistress..."I am not telling YOU young man" she replied.

I have come to accept totally that my Governor can read me like a book, she knows what I am going to think before it enters my head.
She has an AA+ in intuition and, dammit, she is never wrong in her assessments of the people she meets... scary what!

Still she took me on so I have to say that  ;) ;D

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 07:44:54 »
You know Derek, I have to endorse every single word you have written there ...  ;D It is all so true . . .

Derekthefox ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 09:26:31 »
Oh you poor, innocent lambs.... ::) ::) ::) ;)! I'm still trying to become a member of that exclusive club of what I'm supposed to be doing in the ladies lavs that takes 30 minutes instead of 30 secs???? What is it? Feel like I'm really missing out on club similar to Mason's here........
Lottie ???

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 09:35:06 »
I'm still trying to become a member of that exclusive club of what I'm supposed to be doing in the ladies lavs that takes 30 minutes instead of 30 secs???? What is it? Feel like I'm really missing out on club similar to Mason's here........
Lottie ???

Same here Lottie, I've heard that it's all about gossiping and putting on make-up or something like that. Even then, I still don't know how it takes 30 minutes  :-\

undercarriage plan

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 09:42:53 »
Erm....it's when they in the loo, TL, if you get my drift!!! Some women go in there, never to be heard of again!!! Think it may be similar to Bermuda triangle, time warp kinda thing. But really, never fails to amaze me!! I just feel I'm really missing out.  ;) Lottie

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 13:58:33 »
and when they grew up and graduated to night clubs the norty ones spent even longer in the loo - but only with the boys......

Even more concerning is when they spend 30 minutes in the loo - but only if there is a lady friend to go with them!!!  What is THAT all about????

Iain
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 14:52:20 »
This sort of story really gets me going.  The idiots that complain! the bigger idiots that listen, the even bigger legal idiots that try to enforce it and the complete morons in the judiciary and government who not only condone such pathetic actions but actually pass laws to ensure that the anally retentive spineless (but perfectly well dressed) creeps that exist within our society can achieve so much destruction with so little effort.

In the village that my wife came from, newcomers tried to take legal action to stop sheep from bleating, complained about the smell when farmers indulged in sh1t spreading and wanted the whole countryside to be lit by streetlights.  If you want that environment why not stay where you are and leave the countryside alone (bit like foreigners moving to another country and then trying to make it just like the place they came from - bugger off).

- gosh ... thats better
Always look on the bright side of life

undercarriage plan

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2005, 15:02:43 »
Wow BW!! For a minute there thought you meant the loo thing!! But agree with you totally, fingers crossed, I'm hoping to be fine, decided to cover the PT this weekend, have plants to protect this winter.
And Icy, you always had to go to loo in pairs, skipping preferably, and as for taking boy there.....preferred haystack  ;)!! I mean the ladies when you're out at restaurant or something, don't think they've got a man in with them, could be wrong...! They spend hours in there, and I want to know why!!!!! Lottie  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 15:08:39 »
LOL!! There's always one in a family, Wardy!! Think I could be that one, common sense not a strong point for me and sis....... ::) ::) ::)! Lottie ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 18:11:15 »
lol wardy . my mother in law is very much a complainer  ::) ::) don't like to go any where with her she complains about anything and everything , just hoping its not worn off on any of my kids

undercarriage plan

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 19:11:47 »
Put ear muffs on them when she about!! My Grandad was like that, he owned the farm before my Dad, and visited every day to tell my mum what she was doing wrong  ::) ::) ::). When school friends used to try and walk to see me along paths, he'd chase them off with 12 bore !!! Never had much of a social life, surprisingly.... Lottie  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal