Author Topic: Naked Gardeners  (Read 6255 times)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Re: Naked Gardeners
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 11:08:20 »
As a hiker and a lottier I am never happier than when I have got mud somewhere.  Supermarkets I personally do not give toss about and they can just put up with me whatever state I am in and pubs?  well most of the decent ones don't mind a bit of mud either e.g. the Cheshire Cheese in Hope.  Small privately owned corner shops do not tend to be too fussy either.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 22:24:08 »
Sometimes on a hike, the desire for a beer overcomes the muddy bit.  But most hiking pubs are used to it and accomodate it - boot scrapers, boot racks etc.  Do sometimes pop into my local on the way back from the lottie but it is my local and the local of a few other lottiers so again we are accomodated - the landlady does get the bonus of glut veg.  Normally when I go to the pub I am decent though - at least according to appearances:-
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 20:20:53 »
My OH went in his lotty muck to the co-op yesterday though to get food supplies and he said he felt embarrased as he could smell manure on himself when he was in the queue 
maybe you'd frightened him wardy!
your postings make me lol!
they can conjure up quite bizarre images..
and my husband even refused his breakfast sausage this morning as he had to let his belt out another notch 
;D ;D ;D

clanger-thats a charmingly sophisticated animation you got there!!!!! ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2005, 21:08:10 »
Well I would have been happy to have stripped off, if viewing was the only activity, and not actual gardening. My wife is more self conscious, so she would have declined, and I wouldn't be certain whether she would want to accompany me.

I am also well past my prime, but have not quite reached the prune stage, and feel I am actually better now than I used to be.

Derekthefox :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2005, 21:21:07 »
Well, with Doris and Redclanger on this one!! I normally stop off at the supermarket after work, so am normally, very dirty, hair with various plants in it, and boots, not the cleanest, have to say....But I'm there to buy food, not on a fashion parade!  Get the odd raised eyebrow, but will never see the peeps again, so not fussed! I'm polite and smiley, so the rest is window dressing... Lottie  :)

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 18:06:25 »
Me Nude....you have to be joking!...not a pretty sight!

Whenever I garden I seem to attract every bit of mud possible and come home filthy...'all' my clothes go straight into the washer....
Now if I wasn't wearing any clothes how on earth (pun intended) do I get the dirt out of the wrinkly bits?  :o

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 18:19:46 »
Well I didn't claim to be a pretty sight either Derek, I have my fair share of wrinkly bits too !  ;D ;D ;D

Derekthefox :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 18:34:22 »
LOL!! Do tell, Wardy...... :o And who'd want long pink nails!!! Nothing more attractive than split ones, calloussed hands, dirty nails and splinters.... ::) ::) ::) You'd love my world.......!! ;) Lottie  ;D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2005, 19:27:43 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D After a really miserable drizzley day, you have all cheered me up no end :D  I haven't laughed so much in a long time - thanks all ;D ;D

As for gardening in the nuddy, forget it, maybe 40 years ago  ;);D ;D

I remember seeing that couple from the website on GW a while back.  He was gardening in his underpants and very little else - not a pretty site :o
Happy gardening all...........Pat

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2005, 15:37:06 »
hahahahaha!what a loon! ;D

actually wardy....i'm married to that policeman..he'll be round in an hour to take a statement...say goodbye to family and lottie-its singsing for you my girl! ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

undercarriage plan

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2005, 16:52:18 »
Me??? I'm innocent I am!! Wardy.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..shame about the CCTV....there's a film I'd love to see!  ::) Lottie ;)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2005, 17:57:58 »
OK, I retract my last statement...please lock me up!!! Had a busier than usual day, last trip, taking eldest son to tennis. Got in car, he got in car, drove down to the tennis courts, drove round car park and back home......son didn't say a word the entire time!! Said "you're not supposed to be here are you....", wry and encouraging smile from son!! Back down to tennis courts, remembering to drop him off this time....OH gone to pick him up.... :-\ Lottie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal