Author Topic: A few pics from my garden today  (Read 2480 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
A few pics from my garden today
« on: September 04, 2005, 17:20:33 »
Glad to say that there's still plenty of colour about.   :)

G xx

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

undercarriage plan

Re: A few pics from my garden today
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 18:59:50 »
Wow G looks gorgeous! Mine in desperate need of some TLC! When kids back at school, going to take a day off from tweeking other peeps gardens and have day sorting it out. Lottie  ;D

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 19:09:56 »
Exquisite!
Gardening is the great leveller.

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 19:47:50 »
Beautiful. I love the colour of the sage. Bet it smells fab too.
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 20:00:14 »
Thanks peeps.   ;D

Caz and Baz, yes, I'm trying to grow mainly scented plants now and it's paying off.  The purple sage was nearly dead in its pot last year but Eric gave me a tip about deep planting perennials to rejuvinate them and it's really paid off.  :)  So thanks for that, Eric.

And Lottie, bet it takes more than a day - it always does! 

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 22:03:40 »
Georgie. Wonderful pics, thankyou. Ssshhh, don't let anybody else hear would have loved some names of plants put to pics you know what a novice I am. Lorna.x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 20:00:43 »
Oh I'm sorry, Lorna.  Lots of plants there - which ones would you like to know?

G xx

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 21:02:47 »
Georgie. 3rd and last pic please.(don't tell anyone LOL) Lorna.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 21:08:21 »
Third is purple sage, last is an Aquilegia which has no right to be blooming at this time of the year!  Can supply seeds/seedlings of latter and a cutting of the former if you'd like?

G xx

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 21:59:39 »
Thankyou so much Georgie.. Will print this out for my file as soon as my black cartridges arrive (I ran out due to my grandson printing so many pics of wrestlers.)
YES PLEASE to your offer. I would like to say a big thankyou to you and GreenWizard , both of you have kindly sent me seeds even though I have nothing of interest in return.. My Borage are doing fine!!! Kind regards Lorna.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 00:43:25 »
Absolutely lovely Georgie.  Nice colours and textures. I like your Chinese lanterns.  I planted some Chinese lantern seeds from a swap I got from here about 18 months ago and they have just started producing lanterns this year, which I am thrilled about, - they look so nice.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 17:49:48 »
Hello, Georgie - your garden looks beautiful.  Mine is full of weeds at the moment - suspect it will also take more than a day to sort out - hoping for a nice quiet, dry autumn to do it!

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 19:31:08 »
Very very nice Georgie.  Really odd plants in front of the nasturtiums though - the ones with the sort of green balls on....what are they?    I like things like that.

Really nice Aquliegia as well. I never realised they flowered this late!   Mine are all finished and gone  :(
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 20:28:45 »
Ok Lorna, will send Aquilegia seed and root some Sage cuttings for you.  Tis a bit late in the season but we'll see how it goes. 

Juliet - many thanks.  That's the beauty of mainly pots, far less weeds.  I do have a border though and I've found cocoa mulch a gread weed deterrant.

Busy Lizzie and Icy.  The 'Chinese lanterns' are in fact Cape Gooseberries.  Grown them for the first time this year and very pleased with the results.  My first one is nearly ripe - can't wait to taste it.  :D  I intend to collect some seed so watch this space.  And Icy, that's the second flowering this season for the Aquilegia!  I have load of seed. PM me if you want some.

G xx

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 20:58:36 »
I like the Purple Sage. Is that Verbena Bonariensis growing alongside the Convolvulous and the Variegated Ivy?

My Clematis Montana has produced another flush of flowers too, it's only supposed to flower May to June  :-\

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 21:17:26 »
Well, spotted, Twospot.  I think they work well together and the Convolvulous self-seeds every year :D

Seasons are no longer predictable eh?  Not sure whether it's a good thing or a bad thing.

G xx

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 21:25:35 »
I have woodchip mulch on the borders - it's also a good weed deterrent.  Most of my weeds are growing up in the patio & path, though :( - needs repointing.

I thought the gooseberries were Chinese lanterns too!  Nice.

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 13:30:03 »
weldone georgie looks fab ,

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 20:44:11 »
Beautiful  ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 20:48:55 »
Awww, thanks Dibber and Marianne.   ;D

G xx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal