Author Topic: Tool Shed  (Read 1307 times)

pntalbot

• Half Acre
Tool Shed
« on: September 04, 2005, 09:00:11 »
Want a Steel Tool shed 6`x4`and have got, the go ahead from this Private Allotment Secetary, but he says, I should also get Planing Permission, from the Local Council.Tried ringing them always `Engaged`--What would you do take a chance and erect it ? ?

TEL

• Hectare
Re: Tool Shed
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 09:14:38 »
Hi pntalbot
I don't know why you need planing permission for a shed as it is not a permanent fixture.

pntalbot

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 09:22:57 »
Thanks Tel for that info, but are there any Planning People Online to verify this-- I live in Bournemouth.
PS :My Plot is 200m from Allotment entrance ---the furthest Plot out from entrance.Total Plots20.

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 17:07:53 »
You shouldn't need planning permission for a portable building BUT you made need to notify the Local Council of your intent (I prsume its Council owned land)

Check your rental agreemant, our states the sizes of sheds/greenhouses that are allowed and how they are to be fixed

Derek 
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 19:35:01 »
I just rang the council and got the name of person responsible for allotments and his email address and emailed him. He replied within an hour to tell me to go ahead, so you could try that

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 00:21:26 »
No way under the sun will you need PP for a temporary structure; itr applies strictly to the permanent. But you do often need specific permission from whoever you rent from. Check the tenancy agreement; it may say that sheds are OK up to a certain size, in which case you can just go ahead.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal