Author Topic: Goat News . . . . . .  (Read 1472 times)

madmum

• Half Acre
Goat News . . . . . .
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:16:28 »
Goat herd banned from allotment 
An allotment holder has been told he has to move his herd of goats which have been grazing on an allotment in Mansfield for 10 years.
Ian Snowdon has kept the 12 animals on his plot at Whinney Hill to keep the weeds under control.

But Mansfield District Council said that it is against the tenancy agreement and they must go.

Mr Snowdon said he has veterinary documents from Defra to prove his goats are in good health living on the plot.

Where does it all stop?

Councillor Danny McCrossan

Councillor Danny McCrossan said: "He has 12 goats on the allotment in contravention of the tenancy agreement.

"It clearly states the only livestock you can have on an allotment is poultry or pigeons.

"If I make an exception for this then we will have someone else coming to me saying they wanted to have permission to have cows on the allotments.

"Where does it stop?"

Mr Snowdon is not alone in keeping animals on the site, as another allotment holder has kept pigs on his plot.

Pigs allowed

Ron Spate said: "I've kept pigs here for 36 years under the old Mansfield Woodhouse Urban District Council.

"Since Mansfield District Council took over they have tried on a couple of occasions to stop me.

"They've always looked reasonably at it and I've been allowed to continue and I want to continue now."

The animal lovers have the support of local residents and other allotment holders.

They said they never caused any problems and they even stop weeds from blowing on to other plots.

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
Re: Goat News . . . . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 20:13:27 »
i think the councillors  should be replaced by goats...they obviously have a lot more sense....
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal