Produce > Edible Plants

Tomatoes - well, that's it!

(1/6) > >>

tim:
- the last cleared out - but not too bad a residue from 34 plants? And when you think that the Santa started in late May!!
So it's fried green toms in oatmeal, with field mushrooms and bacon for lunch. - Tim

13/11 - had to REPHOTOGRAPH the things - what goes on??

And Stephan -  You have seen that T&M have Ferline as cover photo?

Tenuse:
Goodness and I thought Santa didn't start work until Christmas Eve.

;D

Ten x

ina:
Aha!!!!!!!!! I'm already thinking about next year! Thanks to a wonderful ex-beeb boarder who ordered the blight resistant firline tomatoes for me in England I will be practically assured of great tomatoes again. Year after year it was a disaster with blight and I just about gave up on tomatoes when these firlines came around, yippeee. We traded seeds, I ordered blauw schokkers (what we call capucijners,  a pea type that can also be dried like some beans) for her in Holland.

Beer_Belly:
All our site has problems with tomatoes, I think I'll do what I did last year and grow my toms at home. Last year I had them in a bag in my garden but I think this year I'll try them on my sheltered balcony. I just need to figure out some kind of drip water system ???

tim:
1. Late May? Stupid mistake - book says 26/5 - yes, for trusses setting, not ripening!!

2. Drip System?
  a, You can get mains or header tank drip feeders.
  b. Use capillary matting wicks from a reservoir.
  c.  Do as we first did - 'glug bottles'. Suspend upturned demi-johns or similar - if you can spare them from your wine making -  into trays with 1/2" or so of water in them. The neck of the jar should almost touch the base of the tray.  - Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version