Author Topic: DONT LISTEN TO MONTY  (Read 12408 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: DONT LISTEN TO MONTY
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2005, 10:56:33 »
 ;D ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2005, 18:35:09 »
Now strangley enough, up on my lottie, I have a black plastic dustbin and a galvanised metal one.  I am thinking of setting up a trial to see which dustbin is most effective  ;D.  I will ensure that all the other conditions are the same.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2005, 23:04:08 »
 ;D

ken (69)

• Acre
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2005, 09:58:17 »
Can't help feeling you are being a bit harsh...at least there is enough evidence to suggest that black plastic bins give better results. It was a 'ball park' test.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2005, 10:18:25 »
Of course Monty never actually said that unchitted spuds work better. All he said was "it seems to suggest that". Which of course is a cow poo media phrase meaning absolutely nothing. However I am worried that the less savvy would take his word as gospel. Load of old nonsense this GW programme. But having said that, I still watch it. In fact it's the only tv programme I watch (bloody expensive licence fee that!)

RC - you'd better do your test - I want to know the results. Maybe let the BBC know too!
gone to pot :D

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2005, 17:23:24 »
Well I have the two tubs in which I grew early earlies this year. Very successfully too. I am quite happy to do it with the two of the same variety next year but I'd not be able to do the 'collect tubers gradually' thing.

Would be a different experiment but possibly worth doing.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2005, 17:46:08 »
I  tipped out a tub of spuds today (unchitted Cara) to see if they were ready as the plant looked so poorly and weeds all over place.  The pot was bone dry but there was a good picking of spuds in it  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal