Author Topic: eBay/Paypal Question  (Read 2154 times)

Yellow Petals

eBay/Paypal Question
« on: August 26, 2005, 22:57:13 »
Those of you who use eBay and Paypal, I wonder if you might be able to answer a question for me.

I've used both for about two years now and never really taken much notice of the process from paypal to the bank, just knowing that one leads to the other which means more pennies in the bank for me, but .... I received a payment through paypal last Saturday (20th) with all the bumf that goes with it - notification through email, fee taken off, etc.  But ... the funds themselves still haven't arrived in my bank account.  Is this normal?  I'm sure it's not.  That's almost an entire week and I've not known that before.  I also received a payment on the 24th which isn't showing up either.  I've been back and double checked my paypal details and all is ok (the payments are showing up on my paypal statement) I emailed paypal and asked, they were useless, and I can't approach my bank because surely they won't know/be able to do anything as the payments aren't showing up?  As of this moment, they aren't even showing up as pending on my bank statement!  Is this normal?  Normally it wouldn't bother me that much, but we're talking £150! 

Thanks,

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: eBay/Paypal Question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 23:06:08 »
Why don`t you have a cheque sent and wait untill it clears, must be much safer surely. ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 23:06:20 »
SPoke to OH who sells on E bay, he asks if you've checked Paypal has all your correct bank details. Only thing he can think of.  It normally takes 4-5 working days for his payments to reach his account. Hope this helps.  Lottie

Yellow Petals

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 23:09:08 »
Yep, did all that, Lottie and all seems ok.  Thanks (and to your OH) I guess I'm just being impatient LOL.

And mum, we have discussed your being a technophobe before, haven't we?  If you had your way, we'd still be paying people in beans delivered by horse and cart! Hahahahahahaha!

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 23:09:49 »
When you transfer money from your paypal account to your bank account it does take a few days, up to 5 working days I think it is.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Yellow Petals

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 23:12:49 »
Ok, thank you, Jesse.  Guess I just thought it was an instant process all this time LOL

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 23:15:45 »
Yes, it could just be a busy week. If you have telephone banking they are ocassionally useful at tracking money in and out if you phone up
I LOVE OP AMPS!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 23:24:54 »
 I have just put my ear trumpet away diden`t hear you Hahahaha!!!.
Me a Technaphobe  NEVER i can`t even spell it, now how do i turn this radio off.
Just because i tried to answer the phone with a TV zapper  weeeell.Hehehe!! ;D

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 23:27:32 »
Better than mistaking an iron for for the phone ;D
I LOVE OP AMPS!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 23:47:38 »
;D Or washing your face with your glass's on ;D ;D ;D

Maddy

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 11:54:17 »
When I used to sell on ebay I always had the option of transferring money which took 4 - 5 days or waiting until the end of the month when paypal would transfer any outstanding funds, but it was never really an automatic process.

(Having issues with ebay sellers at the mo...paid express delivery for a dress from Shanghai for 3 - 5 day delivery, just been told to expect delivery within 16 days...express!!!!!  As Jim Royle says "Me a***!")

M.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal