Author Topic: Dobies brassicas  (Read 7623 times)

Lazybones

• Half Acre
Re: Dobies brassicas
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 17:04:54 »
Yep - the chinese leaves are the same size Bupster and was light so no problem on the bike - if you don't stop at the Deli or the flower shop I found out!!!

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 17:28:10 »
Ah. Might fail at the 'not stopping' hurdle.

Thanks for letting me know, didn't fancy a cab (or balancing box on head)  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 17:29:47 by bupster »
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

suzylou

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 13:31:48 »
has anyone else received their Orientals but not their Brassicas, or is it time I called Dobies and shouted at them  ???

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 12:21:07 »
Wish mine had come.  Have all this lovely weekend to plant them and nothing came :-(

Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 22:46:46 »
Mind didn't arrive either, but I have mum over to stay now for a week so can go to the allotment as I need to! HOORAH!

marmite66

• Not So New ...
  • Lottie people are my kinda people
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 21:24:41 »
As a newbie- Dobies had sold out when Iooked. As an ebayer- found some on ebay. Splitting with friend 250 (plenty to sell on at allotment) for £18. 12 each of 21  varieties of everything. Should arrive this week. Will let you know the quality. Worth the gamble. If I plant these now- can I cover my manure to rot down and then dig it in in the spring
Marmite....love or hate me!!

Lazybones

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005, 09:13:22 »
I'm still awaiting my brassicas too.  It might be that they have not sent them yet to people who have ordered orientals too as they were highly subscribed even from A4A.  Hope mine arrive before my hols too  ;D

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2005, 10:50:56 »
As a newbie- Dobies had sold out when Iooked. As an ebayer- found some on ebay. Splitting with friend 250 (plenty to sell on at allotment) for £18. 12 each of 21  varieties of everything. Should arrive this week. Will let you know the quality. Worth the gamble. If I plant these now- can I cover my manure to rot down and then dig it in in the spring

Check what growing medium they are in! If it's garden soil, wild horses wouldn't get me to plant bought seedlings as I don't currently have clubroot and I don't want it! If they are in peat or other-based compost you should be fine.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Truffle

• Half Acre
    • Grow truffles!-
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2005, 11:00:18 »
hmmm, I too have ordered the 250 from ebay. I've been frantically preparing the plot in time for the delivery tomorrow.> I hope they are club root free!!!
www.PlantationSystems.com
Want to know about truffles? then visit our website, you can even buy truffle-trees ;-)

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2005, 22:03:06 »
there's advice on here somewhere (try a search) about putting a piece of rhubarb in the planting hole to prevent clubroot.

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2005, 13:46:29 »
Has anyone tried the brassicas on ebay? Result? ???
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

Truffle

• Half Acre
    • Grow truffles!-
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 16:01:02 »
My ebay plants arrived in a sack today.... They actually look quite good. I'm gonna head down the lottie now to plant them, I'll let you know what state they are in after I've planted them..
www.PlantationSystems.com
Want to know about truffles? then visit our website, you can even buy truffle-trees ;-)

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 17:28:40 »
I still have no sign of my Dobies ones. And another really good weekend for doing stuff, too. <phones them>

Customer services shut at 5. boo hiss.

moonbells

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 17:42:34 »
No sign of mine either but I don't mind as I have only prepared one patch (well I say "prepared"  er um I mean I got the spuds out  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 22:51:38 »
nor mine.... :-\

suzylou

• Half Acre
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2005, 21:43:09 »
Not got mine either.  I sent them a friendly "just checking, because I got my orientals...." email in the middle of the week but no reply :(

I don't have a bed ready yet either though.  And my shed arrives next weekend, and I need to sort out flagstones for that to go on.....aaagh!

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2005, 00:01:31 »
I ordered mine on 5th August. I've just checked my order confirmation and it clearly says delivery late August-early September 2005. I've already received my free spinach seeds.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2005, 22:53:06 »
I still haven't had anything except the order confirmation.

Not impressed by a firm whose customer service is 9-5 M-F in this day and age when their order lines are 24/7!!!

Will phone again tomorrow and see if I can get through this time.

moonbells

suzylou

• Half Acre
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2005, 15:41:24 »
Any luck, Moonbells?

They still didn't reply to my email :(

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2005, 15:58:27 »
Once again, children - PATIENCE!

Unfortunately, you were not the only people to order that collection, & it just shows how popular Dobies products are that you are at the end of the queue.

It can still be 'early September' on 10th??

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal