Author Topic: The Blessed Saint Bob on GQT  (Read 5033 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: The Blessed Saint Bob on GQT
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 17:50:39 »
Ok..you got me now.....always thought Radio 2 was seriously uncool. Must admit this is cos a neighbour used to make me listen to Waggoners Walk when I was a kid!! Now I am aware of an allotment link I may be tempted!!
 ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 23:38:16 »
I should like to advise you youngsters that there's nothing wrong with listening to Radio 4 - I've been a listener since I was 7 years old (it used to be called the Home Service then).
 ;D
Also if you get a chance, as well as listening to GQT, try Woman's Hour (No, it's not all jam making and lace doilies) ;D

I too have been listening to Radio 4 for many years - I also used to listen to Radio 1, occasionally listen to Radio 2, Lincs. 3.  I also listen to Radio 5.  I find talk radio better in the main as music radio rarely caters for my taste.

PS currently listening to Electric Prunes - I had too much to dream (last night) on MP3 as I write this.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 00:30:20 »
I love Radio 2 and the current Janet and John updates have me in stitches  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 13:22:14 »
You can listen to gqt on the "listen again" service over the web. Occasionally, I sound capture bits of interest to me. Got the one about sweetcorn and fish, but haven't tried it yet.

My son can already recognise the archers theme tune.

As for woman's hour - think it was about 6 years ago there was an article that, well, made me blush & almost in hysterics about cures for hysterics - one well erm, yes, not sure about the vocab, well maybe I am but not saying  :-[,... and the other treatment was apparently hysterectomy.... 

Just a minute and I'm sorry I haven't a clue!!! Singing one song (lyrics) to the tune of another !!! Oh what fun.

The food programme has some interesting articles as well.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 13:59:40 »
I'm sorry I haven't a clue!!! Singing one song (lyrics) to the tune of another !!! Oh what fun.

Yeah, 'Girlfriend in a Coma' to the tune of 'Underneath the Arches'... heh heh...
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

RosieM

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 14:27:00 »
does anyone else listen to 'Jamming' with Roland Rivron on R2 (when it is on)- it has me and the kids in hysterics.

I only listen to R2 & 4, except sometimes on a Friday night when I'm driving to my Mum's in Norfolk then we all cheer when we can get KLFM as it means we are nearly there and the jingles are to die for!!!

Rosie

;D ;D ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 14:37:26 »
I usually have the comedy stuff on R2 on a Saturday.  I enjoy it very much as it's so diverse.  I like Roland R, Arthur Smith and Punt & Denis.  I like Stuart Mackonie too whose now on it  :)

RosieM

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 14:46:51 »
When Stuart did Johnnie W's show in the evenings last year the music was absolutely bang up to date, with none of the incomprehensible stuff that is on R1!

I really like him, down to earth sense of humour.

Rosie

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 18:38:33 »
He's a country walker as well.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 10:12:28 »
when exactly is it on Wardy? or does it vary, as I can take my lunch when ever I like, so could make sure I hear it?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 10:37:42 »
I think it comes on at 1.00 pm.  If you have Jonathan Ross on I think it may be after that.  It starts off with R Rivron then you get the other comedy stuff following on til Dermot thingy  :)

RosieM

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2005, 11:04:43 »
I forgot "It's been a bad week"

star stuff   :)

If we've been shopping and catch it on the way home we will all sit in the car on the driveway and listen 'til the end....the neighbours think we are bats!!

rosie

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2005, 20:05:14 »
Just getting back on topic :D I planted my winter onions a year or two ago at mid-late september and had a Great crop, better than my summer variety :-\

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2005, 20:08:12 »
 ;D ;D

Ooooooops!! Almost forgot what the topic was!!!

As soon as I see them I will be buying some....maybe risk a speculative 49p or whatever at Wilkos!!

;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal